CHAPTER 11:

Having her in my arms again felt like home.

It had been so long and I missed everything about her.

How she laughed, how we would share the food that she would bring from home; the list was endless.

"I was so scared we'd never see each other again" she began to claw into my dress but I couldn't care less. 

People would think we were star crossed lovers but Eri was like a sister to me.

Correction.

She IS my sister.

"Eri! I've missed you so much" I pulled away and looked at her.

She doesn't look so bad but she does look tired.

Guess she was captured in the afternoon for her to be here this morning.

"ah you found her. Thank you, Lyra" Ms. Melody voice startled both of us.

Eri seemed to be scared of Ms. Melody but who isn't?

At least not on the first day.

"and you" she scowled at Eri who was now looking at her shoes.

"I was going to let you work in the kitchen but since you've proven to be stubborn, being there will be a real handful. Fortunately, a spot opened up this morning you'll be Prince Xander's personal slave"

Eri's face dropped and so did mine.

I heard that twin changes his personal servant every three days.

Eri can be a bit of a handful sometimes so she has maybe 42 hours to live.

I wanted to beg but that was against the rules. Eri simply nodded with her head bowed.

I felt sorry for her and I wished more than anything that we would survive this together.

"Lyra she'll be sleeping in your room" was all Ms. Melody said before walking away.

That was the only positive thing that had happened in this situation.

"follow me and there's a surprise" I wanted to see Eri's reaction when she sees Nadia.

We picked up small topics like how she and her family were coping or how the village was and how she'd gotten captured.

"and this is where three of us will be staying" I opened our door for her and her face was as expressionless as mine when I'd gotten here at first.

It was time to serve him lunch but I didn't want to leave her alone.

"well I have to go but make yourself as comfortable as you can. Choose a uniform in the wardrobe, this bed is already taken" I pointed at Nadia's bed but didn't say she was the one.

"since you're new, you'll be off duty for today. You start work tomorrow so we all sleep early. You were explained the rules, right?"

"no begging, no crying, no lateness, no one should be caught after 10pm, don't look them in the eye or speak unless spoken to blah, blah, blah!" she rolled her eyes at the last part and I laughed a little.

"see you later" I waved and walked out to face my doom.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was time for dinner and his tray was already set on the dinning.

If this was in the morning or afternoon, I'd look through the windows to see and feel the rays of sun but for now I had to push away the thought of looking at the stars.