CHAPTER 13:

We just sat there in silence.

He leaned on the dining table, arms folded and eyes closed like he was trying to think of something.

Meanwhile I was sitting on his cloud of a bed.

He told me to relax but I just couldn't.

Though I haven't been working here for so long, I still took my job seriously as to avoid death.

Everything about this felt so wrong.

I'm his servant, he's my master.

End of story.

That's the only relationship we were allowed to have.

Aside me being his blood bag.

It's been roughly 15 minutes but it feels like 6 hours.

No jokes.

"I said you should relax and not soak yourself and my bed in sweat" his eyes were still closed.

I guess he could sense the tension.

"I'm sorry sir. I'll get something to clean up" I didn't know what I wanted to clean but I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

"it'll be easier on you if you take off your shoes and relax. I'm not going to hurt you. At least not now" he muttered the last part but it was still true.

"but I-"

"your shoes or your dress? The choice is yours" he opened his eyes and judging from the lifelessness of his eyes, he wasn't joking.

I knew it was pointless arguing with him on this one and it would be better to take off my shoes than my dress.

I slowly reached for my toes and took off my tiny shoes.

And sat upright.

Taking off my shoes didn't calm me down even the slightest.

King Cyrus' POV:

Gosh this was annoying.

I know I don't have to do this but in order for her to recover immediately, she has to stay by my side.

I feel the servants' quarters will only make her conditions worse and she won't rest due to one form of noise or another.

But that isn't my main problem right now.

What was really bugging me was her damn heartbeat.

Even if I weren't a vampire, I would still hear her from the other room.

She has every right to be afraid.

I honestly would be surprised if she wasn't.

I don't need to see to tell that she isn't relaxed.

"if you stay in that position, you'll end up with back pain. I suggest you lay down"

She gave me her 'Did-I-hear-right?' Look.

"but sire. I mean it-"

"you're really testing my patience. Do you honestly want me to whip you? Because I'm allowing you stay on my bed doesn't give you the right to talk back"

My voice automatically went low but she didn't seem to budge.

A sigh passed my lips as I stood up and waked towards her.

She began to tremble.

For someone who's so scared, this one is also stubborn and that's an attitude I don't see every day.