CHAPTER 80:

"Lyra?" I turned around at the sound of my name to see Jackie standing before me.

We had been dismissed from the meeting and were encouraged to rest and take a break.

After seeing what we did; no one was in the mood to train so we were all walking towards the gardens for some fresh air.

"yes? Is there any problem?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"I've decided to accept your proposal and get my sight back for a little while" she said a little too loudly.

Everyone stopped to look at her in surprise.

If I'm being honest, I never expected her to agree to this at all. In fact, nobody did.

"of course; let's all go to the garden. That should be the perfect place" and we quickly walked over to the gardens in excitement……...

"are you ready?" I asked as I placed both my hands on either sides of her face.

Imogen recommended that she sits facing us so when she opens her eyes, she would see us first and it was quite a nice idea.

She took a deep breath before slowly closing her eyes and nodding.

Jackie's POV:

My heart began pounding faster and faster in my chest no matter how hard I tried to calm down.

What was I scared of?

I honestly didn't know or couldn't tell but it has been a while since I felt like this.

I'm sure Imogen, Rayhan and Tamar must look much more different from when Darya tried to regain my sight.

I was roughly 13 years old the last time it happened.

It seemed so long ago.

And it is time to try again and to see new faces.

"wha'po ke ja" Lyra muttered and there was silence at first until she instructed I opened my eyes.

Slowly and rather nervously, I let my eyelids flutter open.

It took a while for me to adjust to the brightness and register everything around me.

"you have beautiful eyes Jackie" Imogen commented.

I could tell it was her voice but seeing her now.

She looked amazing.

They all did though they looked quite different from what I had imagined.

I took my time to access Lyra, Eri, Cyrus and-

"your eyes are the perfect shade of blue" Sam said and I turned to meet his warm eyes.

Red hair was the last thing I expected of him.

He looked handsome in general.

Seeing everything again overwhelmed me to the point that my eyes began to sting.

How I've missed my sight.

"thank you everyone" I whispered; tears gliding down my cheeks.

I had never felt so full of joy since…I can't even remember.

………………………………….........

The rest of the day went on peacefully.

We all enjoyed our time in the gardens.

Though the king and queen were quite busy, they spent a few minutes with us.

They really hadn't changed from when last I saw them.