CHAPTER 47:

"I can't believe I'm doing it!" I said excitedly.

Mother was right; my doubts were holding me back.

"now you're ready to join the rest of the class" Darya smiled and I couldn't help but smile back.

"now to cast spells and actually make magic happen. Magic and your imagination work hand in hand yet it can't do everything you think about 100% correctly and how you picture it but the next best thing. I would love to teach you how to fight with magic but you need to actually know how to fight first so I'll teach you simple stuff like how to make objects float"

She had set four jugs in front of us ahead of time.

"the key is to visualize it floating and use your magical powers to make the it float. Think of it as your will power subjecting it to move, rise and fall. If that doesn't help; think of it as a hand moving it for you or a string that letting it rise and fall"

She placed her hand out in front of her and began working with magical energy.

Miraculously, the jug was suspended in the air.

She moved her hand up and down and it went up and down as well.

"now you try" she placed the jug back down and stood behind us.

"if you fail you'll drink from what's IN the jugs"

"c-can we ask what's in them?" Yura's voice was shaking seriously.

"fail and find out" she chucked like the mad woman that she is and watched us work.

I began focusing on my energy and imagining it float in the air; after having a visual image, I imagined a string pulling it off the ground.

It took a while but it slowly began to ascend not too high though.

"not bad; you all are fast learners; I'm impressed"

"since we all passed it means you'll have to drink from the jugs" Mae smirked.

"I don't mind drinking four jugs of orange juice; it's hot anyway" the jugs flew towards her and she drank everything before we had the chance to object and ask for some.

"not fair" Eri whined.

"this is only the beginning" Yura smacked her forehead.

…………………………………...

Sam's POV:

"your first lesson in fighting will be to block your opponents attack but with your bare hands. I'll attack both of you at the same time so you'll have to block and land a blow on me if you can" the Jackal explained calmly.

She explained that we needed to practice in some form of water so it'll be slightly more difficult to keep balance because of slippery rocks underneath.

I for one thought she was joking till we go to this shallow creek.

The only sounds we could here be that of the birds as they flew around their home.

The Jackal suddenly lunged forward attempting to strike my shoulder which I blocked.

Then she turned to Jaja and tried to hit him in the stomach and be blocked too; barely.

While she was facing him, I moved to hit her back but she turned around and almost punched my face.

She was incredibly fast attacking me and Jaja while dodging both our attacks as well.

Incredible.

I went for her legs to try and knock her over but she twisted my arm and pushed me down.

I landed on my butt and got myself wet.

She struck Jaja as well and he fell too.

This was going to take a while…

One Month Later:
Lyra's POV:

I used my twin blades to block Eri's attack and swung from below to counter it.

She cartwheeled in time to dodge it and give herself enough space.

My feet were planted hard to the ground as she attacked again and I ducked, going for her knees.

Eri was quick enough to snatch my blades away and throw them aside which left her with her own sword.

Cracking my knuckles with a smile on my face, I moved towards her, double speed and confused her.

She swung to the left but I was already at her right from behind.

I snatched her swords and kicked her in the back, sending her to the ground.

Not surprisingly, she got up like nothing happened and folded her arms in front of her and I did the same.

Now it was hand to hand.

I went for her chest and she grabbed my fist while using her other hand to go for my shoulder.

I was quick enough to wiggle out of her grip and kick her right knee while she hit me in the ribs.

We were both in pain but it took us less than a second to overcome it and face the challenge ahead of us.

In an instant, we began to charge for each other again someone cleared their throat and gaining our attention.

"I think that's enough for today…you girls have improved greatly in such a short period of time" Imogen praised.

This was our life for the past month; training and learning magic.

We've learnt so much and are much stronger but not strong enough.

Our magical skills have improved as well though we don't remember some spells by heart but we know how to do a few things.

Every now and then I talk to mother; I hear her voice in my head and she gives me advice.

I felt unstoppable and untouchable…

King Cyrus' POV:

"is everything ready for my departure?" I asked my guards once outside.

I had made the decision to leave my kingdom and find Lyra.

Nadia had agreed to tell me everything she knew about that faithful day; though the trip would take a while, I was ready.

"yes sire" they were adding a few finishing touches on the necessities I need to travel.

Food, water, blood, money if need be and my sword.

"I hope you'll find her" Alex and Ms. Melody both hugged me goodbye as I mounted my horse.

"I hope so too" because if I don't I don't know what I'd do.

"I still can't believe you're leaving me in charge"

"well after I'm gone you're next in line to the throne…that's if I don't have kids. Besides this was the exact same thing father did to me though he left permanently, I'll return one day. It's time you have a little bit of ruling experience" I smiled at him.

I hadn't smiled for the first time in months.

"but don't burn down my kingdom" and with that; I rode out of the castle.

It's time I'm reunited with the love of my life…

COMMENT, FOLLOW AND VOTE
XOXO…