CHAPTER 23:

"p-pardon me your majesty but I don't have anything to wear for the night and I can't find my uniform" she barely said from the bathroom.

"you shall wear my robe tonight"

"b-but s-sir I-"

"or would you rather sleep naked? I don't mind either of them" though she refuses me, she's trying to do her duty and is bad at it sometimes.

I placed my robe on the edge of the bed as I heard her footsteps walk into the room.

Attempting not to look at her was one of the hardest things I've ever done but I didn't want to see her naked, at least not yet; but that doesn't mean I haven't felt her before.

When she was done with the robe, I turned to look at her.

She looked so weak and pale.

But my stomach was grumbling for more; I guess one last drink wouldn't hurt...maybe not me at least.

And I'll try my best to make it less painful for her this time; so she'll enjoy what I'm enjoying.

Lyra's POV:

The king's robe was incredibly huge on me.

I could make two dresses out of this single one and still have some left over for a cloak.

"thank you for giving me this sir" I didn't look up to him.

Right now I needed some rest.

Tomorrow might as well be my last day in this prison; that's if the king doesn't think of a clever way to keep me in his room.

"I'm hungry again" his voice was low and hoarse.

I couldn't do this anymore.

When he didn't get my response, he stood behind me and turned me around to look at my face.

"you don't understand. At this point, I feel like I'll die without you" he leaned in to my neck and I moved back slightly.

"you know I don't like it when you squirm and now you'll pay" I barely had time to react before he slung me on his shoulder and placed me in the middle of his bed.

As he crawled over me, my body shook.

No matter how frequent he does this, it'll never be something I'll get used to.

"please...don't I-I'm too weak-" I tried pleading.

"shut up! I can't hold back anymore!" he held both my wrists in his big hand and the other one draped the already big robe off my neck.

Sharp fangs pierced my skin and the only thing that left me was a small squeak.

I was too weak to even scream.

The thought of biting my lips came to mind but I was afraid he would kiss me again.

"I'm not doing this to kill you or hurt you" the king mumbled into my neck as he spoke.

"but I can't live without this...it's becoming too much for me to handle"

He sounded as weak and helpless as I felt but that's not possible!

He's the king, he could do whatever he wished and no one would stop him; I'm his slave and he has total control over me.

So him sounding like a helpless little boy was rather strange.

His large hand loosened around me and roamed my body and another level of fear washed over me.

I tried pushing him off like last time but there wasn't any strength left; not even the slightest.