CHAPTER 84:

The fight became tougher and tougher as time went by.

Jackie was in a bit of a pickle; she wasn't exactly in the best state to fight but she had to.

Her pace was slowing down as she began panting heavily to catch her breath.

She should have told someone but there was nothing much to tell.

Besides watching family march into certain doom; not knowing if they would come back was enough to make her follow them.

Then there was a shooting pain at the back of her knee forcing her on one knee before another hit was delivered behind her neck.

She planted her arm as steadily as she could on the ground and tried to stay strong and not pass out as it would result to her death.

But she couldn't see herself getting up any time soon.

It felt like this was the end for her.

"DIE!!!" she heard someone scream behind her and expected a sword to pass though her at any moment but only felt warm liquid in its place.

She turned around to see that Sam had been impaled.

"SAM?! NO!!!" Jackie's scream shook the battleground attracting Lyra, Eri and Imogen to the scene.

Faster than anything known to man; Imogen ripped off the head of Sam's killer and Lyra held up a shield to protect all five of them.

Jackie had placed him to lie flat on the ground while holding his hand; watching Imogen and Eri try to stop the bleeding and rescue him.

"stay with me please" she did her best to choke back the tears as he coughed up blood and howled like a wounded animal.

"it's bad isn't it?" he managed to cough with a weak smile playing on his lips.

All the girls were sniffling at the sight of their friend; their brother and lover.

Jackie's body began to tremble as she watched his eyes try to stay open to the best of their ability.

"y-you're not meant to die here! Not now! What about our future? Who is going to protect them?! You can't leave me like this" she wailed; running her fingers through his hair.

Her vision was beginning to blur and seeing became a challenge; adding more to her panic.

"h-hey Jackie" with his dying breath, he slowly placed his hand to cup her cheek and used whatever energy he has left to pull her close so their lips would make contact one last time.

She pulled away, trying her best to look into his eyes but she still wasn't seeing properly no matter how many times she wiped the tears.

"d-don't forget me" there was a ghost smile still on his lips before his hand dropped from her face.

"N-NO! SAM?! SAM WAKE UP! YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP! DON'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS PLEASE!" Eri and Imogen could do nothing but weep at the sorrowful display before them.

And to make matters worse; it was becoming darker and darker or so Jackie saw until she saw nothing at all.

Lyra's magic had faded and she was blind again.

Jackie's breaths became labored as she began panting; trying to calm herself down.

"g-guys I don't think I c-can hold it much longer" Lyra's arms visibly trembled as tears fell from her cheeks.

She didn't have any more in her.

"Jackie? C-Can you fight?" Imogen asked; drying her tears.

Jackie was silent for several seconds as her pain and sadness turned to rage and pure anger.