Chapter 35: To End a Cute Date

Now on your way back to your apartment, you were curled up on the passenger's seat.

"Thank you for all my gifts, Jimin-ah. You really didn't have to, you know I was playing with you"

"I owed you. You've been asking me to take you there for so long and when I finally did it, I didn't even get the place right."

"That's the right attitude though, confidently mess up. No backing out" you joked and laughed lightly. Jimin smiled amused, eyes fixed ahead.

"I hope it was worth the wait" he shared with a hesitant tone. With so much anticipation, he felt the pressure.

"I had a great time," you said softly and the tone of your voice sounded off. He glanced back at you just as you shared your thoughts, "the mall made more sense, I know it's weird."

"I always have fun wherever we go, malls are overrated anyway."

"That's all for the birds" you pointed out seriously and he laughed.

"The birds?" he repeated in between giggles. Where did you get these phrases from? They were hilarious.

Your eyelids drooped sleepily as the freezing car started to warm up and the heat slowly lulled you to sleep. Jimin glanced at you when you became quiet and smiled fondly at the sight.

He checked back not long after and this time he was certain you'd passed out. He laughed softly under his breath, thinking about how the afternoon had gone.

Inevitably, his thoughts went back to your seemingly innocent words at the mention of your preference for his hyung. He swallowed hard remembering how flustered you had been at his racy answer.

He caught you staring more than once, and not just the night he stayed over. You were most definitely not the angel you claimed to be no matter whether that was unintentional.

Jimin shifted in his seat anxiously. All these months of keeping himself in check had taken a toll on him.

It was a first date, a very cute one at that, Jimin reasoned with himself. But you've been hanging out with each other for over five months, he countered.

He was interested from the start and, apparently, so were you from early on. Now he knew you only pushed him away because you were scared.

He was in his absolute best behavior all along, it wouldn't be out of line to try something more now, would it?

Jimin was conflicted. He knew well you were more vulnerable than you let on with your tough exterior. The last thing he wanted was to upset you.

It was pretty clear by now that he'd never push you or do anything to hurt you. He hoped you knew that, but there was no way to be sure.

As he approached your address after a good half hour of driving, he felt like there was a time limit to make a decision. His mind insisted with the same thought...

Make your move, Park Jimin.

He woke you up after parking and while you fully regained conscience, he walked out of the car and fetched the shopping bags.

The passenger's door opened and you sleepily smiled up at Jimin as he helped you get out of the car and wrapped his arm around your waist as you walked to your block.

You rested your head on his arm, closing your eyes and trusting him to not let you trip. Taking in the scent of his intoxicating cologne, your head was filled with him.

In this dazed state, you were happy your mind was inundated with nothing but the man protectively holding you close instead of your insecurities.

As you reached the entrance, you took your keys out and walked in the building as Jimin held the door open and then trotted in front of you.