Chapter 33: Of Biases and Wreckers

The next Saturday, as promised, Jimin was finally going to take you out on a proper date. Between showering, your morning skin routine, applying your make-up and trying on several different outfits, you spent all morning getting ready.

You ended up going for high-waisted jeans, a fitted white top tucked in, a long light brown cardigan with maroon accents to match your beanie and brown combat boots. Relaxed but chic.

Despite having hung out with Jimin for months, you were nervous about your looks. Now that you knew he was looking at you in a different way, it suddenly felt even more relevant than before. You weren't sure why he liked you, but you wanted to look your best for him.

He had been the sweetest this last week. After spending the night with you, he had to leave, but you were grateful because you needed some alone time with everything that had happened since the evening before.

Every morning you woke up to a text from him and every evening he asked how your day went and after a little chat, he wished you good night. It was perfect, he checked in on you, but he wasn't suffocating.

He was attentive, but he gave you your space. There was no complaint about it, which was a relief because past boyfriends couldn't seem to grasp the concept of wanting attention, but also space. It always seemed to be an issue, they claimed it was contradictory and you were just a trifler.

Having received a text from Jimin that he was close by, you now waited outside of your apartment building nervously. His sleek car pulled over right in front of you and you walked up to it so he wouldn't have to come out.

"Hey aegi" he said as you got in the car and when you turned to answer he planted a welcome kiss on your lips. You stared at him with wide eyes, shocked by the gesture. He bit on his lips and looked down at his lap feeling awkward at your reaction.

"Hey" you replied timidly. Things were different, but they really were not. Now that feelings were openly involved, there was a new side of each other that was still unknown to both of you.

"So...Lotte" he announced as he pulled away and headed to one of several malls. He figured it would be nice to see how they had decorated for Christmas this year at the mall at Jamsil.

"Where are we going?" you asked after a few minutes of you two driving in silence, just listening to the soft background music he had on since he left the dorms.

"I figured the stores in Jamsil would be the best for the holiday season. I'm sure there will be some photo worthy spots" Jimin smiled widely at his suggestion, but you looked confused and his face dropped.

"The mall? Why not the market?" you said pouting and he couldn't help but let out a breathy laugh despite being puzzled. He was taking you to the luxury department stores thinking that's what you wanted and you meant the discount store all along? This was incredible.

"We are not all millionaires like you, you know" you blurted out feeling self-conscious as he glanced at you for a second looking thoroughly amused. He turned on the next light and then headed the opposite direction to the biggest Lotte Mart he could recall close to Seoul Station.

"No, it's not that, I'm not judging," Jimin said, raising an arm defensively as his eyes remained on the road. "You're just full of surprises, aren't you?" he added laughing and you shoved his arm embarrassed.

"It's hard to believe you when you're laughing at me!"

"I'm not! It's just...unexpected" he replied unsuccessfully trying to stop himself the more flustered you got.

"JIMIN-AH!" you whined raising your voice and he bit on his lip finally being able to control his laugh. He didn't mean to upset you, but you were now facing forward with your arms crossed, looking adorably pissed off.