Chapter 60: Haters Gonna Hate

Ever since you cut your head open, everything seemed to be going downhill for your mental health. Per doctor's orders, you had to stay home and rest for two weeks and you had way too much time to be alone with your thoughts as you laid in bed.

Your brother was out most of the day during the week, going to job interviews or his classes. Jimin tried to drop by after work, even if for an hour, to check on you and see how you were feeling. The rest of the day you were on your own.

The backlash of people finding out you were seeing Jimin wasn't what you had expected, in a way it was much more hurtful. Toxic fans could be so cruel and it was hard not to care about their comments all over social media.

Maybe she's his cousin or a friend?

But isn't that skating rink a known date spot for couples?

Have you looked at her though? Jimin would never date her.

She's too fat, there's no way that was a date.

If you were pretty and skinny, you'd be getting hate for dating Jimin, but a lot of people seemed to be sure it couldn't have been that. Jimin's type could never be someone like you, if you were slim maybe he'd consider giving you a chance.

It was illogical to think this way, but you wished they'd be jealous of you for dating Jimin instead of fixed on what you look like and how ugly you were. You knew Jimin could do much better, they were right, maybe if you were skinnier they would show some respect.

You couldn't bring yourself to eat much of anything, when everything felt out of control, it was the one thing you felt like you could do something about. It was hard to break old habits, but your coping mechanism, your comfort was about knowing you were doing something about your weight. It eased your anxiety.

The bell rang and Jeonghun opened to find Jimin covered in several layers of warm clothes, wearing a mask and a cap. He had to be extra careful now that people were paying close attention to him after the accident.

He was doing everything in his power to avoid anyone finding out where you live, but visiting you was necessary with what was going around. You didn't want to talk, but you were acting like when you had to go to Gwangju, which meant you were definitely bothered by the situation.

You had been so anxious about people seeing you when you left the hospital that you had asked him to help you do your make-up, but had also covered yourself with the mask, sunglasses and a hat. As if someone could rip off your mask and see your bare face.

Jimin noticed you were having a harder time eating and you were more self-conscious lately. You even began hiding from him again, you were no longer as comfortable around him or with him complimenting you in any way. Whenever he tried to touch you, you shied away.

Grabbing a bowl and a spoon from the cabinets above the kitchen sink, your boyfriend opened the container he had brought with him and poured in the homemade soup.

"My sister doesn't like hot liquids, I suggest you don't heat that up" Jeonghun commented looking at what Jimin was doing from the couch.

"I know" he replied dryly not needing any instruction, but he figured your brother was trying to help. He felt rather uncomfortable though as he felt observed even after his answer.

"Also, the only way you are getting her to eat that is if you add a ton of lime juice to it. She's weird."

Jimin groaned and held up the lime he had specially bought when he got the ingredients to cook for you. Last time he made food, you had willingly eaten and he was going to try again, he was really worried. You had been doing so well and he wished people weren't making you feel so low.