Chapter 49: Sugarcoated Words

"Who is this handsome gentleman?" your mom said with a Cheshire cat smile that left you feeling uneasy. She carefully observed Jimin from head to toe, looking at his sleek black boots, fitted black jeans and grey zip up cardigan over his tight black t-shirt.

Feeling uncomfortable, he quickly bowed to greet her and covertly glanced at you confused about what was really going on here.

"It's so nice to meet you, eomeonim" he said and before he introduced himself, you spoke first.

"Jimin. This is Jimin, eomma. Did Jeonghyun not tell you?" you played dumb. You never really told your mother Jimin was in fact a man*, so you used it in your favor.

"Oh, of course, Jimin" she said giggling like a teenager with a crush and boldly patted his wrist as if trying to apologize for her supposed forgetfulness. She wouldn't admit she truly had no idea.

"It's nice to meet you too, I've heard a lot about you" your mom quickly added.

Was you mother on crack? That was a lie, she knew nothing about Jimin and for good reason. At least she hadn't said a word to you about how you looked so far. She urged you both to come in and after you took off your shoes, you were lead to the living room.

"Do you want something to drink or eat, darling?" your mom squeezed Jimin's shoulder as he now sat on the couch next to you and he looked up at her with a polite smile.

"I'll have some water, please" he said with a little nod and turned his head to you, "would you like something?"

"Do you want something to drink, dear?" there she was. You were starving, but she wouldn't offer food to you. It was late and you shouldn't be eating after dinner time, she'd object.

"Sure, thank you, eomma" you mumbled looking down at your lap and sighing. Maybe she is right, you shouldn't eat anyway, you thought running your hands up your thick thighs.

When your mom walked away, Jimin put his hand on your back and rubbed it carefully. He looked in your eyes worriedly and you pressed your lips together.

"Aegi, you should eat something. Your body needs it, anything, even if it's just a bit" he encouraged you softly as you had only asked for water.

"Well, mom doesn't think so" you huffed frustrated, but he didn't know her well so he wasn't sure why you came to that conclusion.

Your mother came back with a tray with two glasses and a small plate with crackers and some topping she quickly whipped up. No one asked for it, but she'd make sure her guest was comfortable. Specially if it was a man, she loved coddling good-looking men.

Jimin thanked her for the food and drinks and spread some of the paste on a cracker to offer it to you. Looking at his hand and then over at your mom's warning gaze, you decided to challenge her and take the cracker. You nibbled on it happily, avoiding eye contact.

Your boyfriend smiled satisfied as he prepared one for himself not to seem rude, since this had been prepared for you two, or so he thought. You could feel the tense air of your mom judging your choices when Jimin put his hand on the small of your back.

At the gesture, your mom smiled brightly. She was so annoying, you wished she'd just go away. The sooner you got to bed, the better, so you wouldn't have to deal with her or anyone until the morning. Having a break from your thoughts sounded really nice right now.

"So, friends?" she asked clasping her hands together in front of her, much like you would, Jimin noticed. He felt you stiffen under his touch.

"Jimin is my boyfriend, eomma" you informed her calmly in contrast to how you felt, hoping that would leave her speechless once more.