Chapter 71: As the Clock Strikes Six

Along the bridge to Magic Island, blood stained torn fabrics, chains, skeletons and creepy creatures hung from wiring that kept the soon to be Zombie Island fenced.

You took your time to take several pictures as you made your way to the castle in the center. The event wouldn't start until 6 p.m. so you could go on a few rides and attractions before it got dark.

The interior was lit with purple and red lights and there were more creatures everywhere you looked. You walked towards one of the cages to take a closer look at one of them and it jumped against the bars, scaring the hell out of you and Jimin. So far they had all been fake and it took you by surprise.

"We should get a photo with her, she looks so cool" you said and Jimin looked at you with furrowed eyebrows, still trying to calm his racing heart as he held his hand to his chest.

"Um, sure. I don't think she'd stay still though" he made up an excuse not to try to get close again and you just pulled from his arm and walked back up to the cage warily.

"We'll take a picture with you" you informed the zombie from a fair distance and she got closer to the bars and shook them violently. "I think she's fine with it!" you turned to Jimin and he pressed his lips together unamused.

You walked up to the right side and the zombie tilted their head to observe you and reached out as if to try and grab you, you didn't even flinch. Jimin hesitated as he got closer and decided to stand to your right instead of to the creature's left.

He held up his phone to take a selfie and saw the zombie through the screen reaching out as if trying to grab his neck, but just hovered over it for the photo. Once he took a couple pics, she moved aggressively again and Jimin hurried to distance himself with you following behind.

"You are not scared, are you?" you teased him and he quickly denied it.

"No, it caught me by surprise. You freaked out too!"

"It caught you by surprise the second and third time as well?" you questioned him smiling amused.

"She always did something different, I just got startled" he kept denying everything and you just shook your head entertained and took his hand again.

"Should we go in the Haunted House* then?" as you walked out the other side of the gates, it was the first thing in front of you and you were excited to try it. However, Jimin was not fond of the idea.

"Okay, I'll make sure to hold your hand, aegi" he said pretending to be braver than he felt and you played along.

You stood in line with the fast-pass visitors and were handed 3D glasses as you got closer to the entrance. Whenever Jimin felt more at ease with what was going on, something spooked him and his first reaction was to check on you as if you were the jumpy one.

They caught you off guard as well and you did scream more than once, but you seemed to be enjoying it more than he did. It was cute of him to want to join you in spite of disliking the whole thing. Same with horror films, it was not the only thing you watched, but you could tell they weren't his favorite when you did.

After a creepy 3D film that he found particularly disturbing, you were lead out once again through dark corridors with unpleasant surprises and Jimin was so done with it all. He couldn't wait to make it to the exit, but he didn't say a word.

"Are you okay, aegi?" he asked with a little nervous laugh as he strategically back-hugged you when a random person that came out of nowhere crept up on you. He wasn't hiding behind you, but he wasn't facing danger directly.