Chapter 14: Love Is Blind

After spending two hours showering, putting your make-up on and choosing an outfit, you were finally ready. While you didn't really want to be in the way of other members of the band, you wanted to be prepared, just in case.

Your outfit ended up being a lantern sleeve dress that would hide your arms, with a belt around your waist to accentuate it and long enough to cover your thighs. Tights underneath and shoes with a small heel to elongate your legs.

You looked at yourself in the mirror behind your door one last time and walked out nervously. It was 8 p.m. already, late enough that everyone should have had dinner. You were grateful that this time there was no food involved. It irked you that so many things revolved around it.

In order to look your best and not bloated, you'd avoided it altogether since your meal yesterday. Brushing your hand down your dress, you looked down at yourself and wondered if it had made a difference at all though. It didn't really look like it.

Since your coworkers had judged your make-up and body, you weren't sure what you were doing anymore. You tried to go with a lighter look, but you didn't feel like it covered all the imperfections on your skin, so you wiped your face over and over trying different things until you gave up and did the usual.

Your arms and thighs were the ones you were most self-conscious about, but you still asked yourself exactly what part of your body these women felt was off. Was it something about your face? Your chest? Your stomach? Hips? Legs?

Natural beauty was always important to your mom, so you had never seriously considered surgery. She emphasized that you had to work with what you had. Clothes and make-up could mask your flaws and make your best features stand out. But she looked perfect, you were dealt a much lousier hand.

Jimin and Hobi hadn't commented on your appearance much, they either felt sorry for you or preferred to keep to themselves rather than saying anything nasty, you figured. You preferred it that way, compliments about it made you uncomfortable and you just pretended not to hear when anyone gave them.

When you were at the building complex, the doorman was waiting for you. He guided you to the building where the guys lived and accompanied you to their floor before leaving you on your own. You nodded at him to thank him as the elevator closed and softly knocked on the door.

Jimin opened it as soon as he heard, knowing it was you, since you'd let him know through text that you were coming up shortly before. The living room was dark and there was no one around, just like you'd expected. Would sneaking around be worse than facing the rest of the guys?

"Good evening, noona!" he whispered with a wide smile and boldly, but swiftly glanced at you from head to toe. A slight smirk pulled the corner of his lips, the only light that was on was the one on the hallway, so it was hardly visible.

The dress you were wearing made your body stand out. He bit his tongue and decided not to say anything for now, not until you were more comfortable. His goal tonight was to be a little more serious and he didn't want to get you all flustered.

Jimin took your hand and made you walk in, your confidence walking on heels was unmatched. It was hard for him to look away, like that first time you walked in the photo studio and everyone turned to look at you.

He had no idea it was the result of your mother insisting about your posture and making you wear heels since you were way too young. There were many things he still didn't know about you and many red flags he didn't know better about.

Walking down the hallway, he led you into his room and closed the door after him once you shyly took a few steps. Leaning back on it and bashfully shoving his hands into his pockets.