Chapter 31: What Goes Through Your Mind

Holding you close and without letting go, Jimin led you to the couch so you could both continue to cuddle. Your grip on him was tight as he stroked your hair gently, the silence was comfortable.

"I hope you believe me now" he commented after a bit with a little chuckle. You just groaned, burrowed against his body, face hidden in his chest. It felt so nice, cozy and warm. Safe.

"You weren't listening, I had to make a move" he smirked as you buried your face deeper in embarrassment.

"I love the little things you tell me about" he commented, sharing some of his thoughts.

"My fun facts?" you pulled away from him just enough to look up, there was a sparkle in your eye and he smiled endeared.

"Yes, those too. And when you tell me about you and the things you like and how you get so excited about it. You start talking faster or send small walls of text as messages" you blushed, but smiled widely at him.

Maybe Taehyung was right, your face lit up when he told you about what he liked about you, rather than just how physically attracted he was.

"What else? Please, go on" you said enthusiastically and he smiled amused. If he had known this kind of compliments were so positive, he would have offered all he had to you. Now his flirting felt shallow in comparison, ineffective and meaningless.

"I like your reaction when I call you saekki, but I'd rather call you my aegi now" Jimin leaned in, speaking low. His full lips brushed your lobe as he whispered the end of the sentence in your ear.

"Can I?" his velvety voice sounded just a tad hesitant in that moment, considering the word caused a whole argument last time.

You pushed him back promptly and he looked at you with a confused, sheepish smile.

"Take me to Lotte first, Mr. Park!" you were bright red as you looked him in the eye dead serious.

Jimin smiled remembering the phrase you seemed to use when flustered. Take you out on a date, wine and dine you, from what he could gather. He was dying to do that.

"I am now formally asking you out to Lotte."

"You are?" you held both his hands and squeezed them tightly as you looked at him with the sparkliest gaze he had ever seen.

It's not that he wasn't loving it, but you weren't normally this level of adorable and you kept surprising him with your reactions.

"Mhm, I think I owe you a date" Jimin grinned, already looking forward to it. The sight made your heart skip a beat.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" you asked, looking down at your interlaced fingers briefly and then up at him. You looked small huddled close to him. He felt guilty knowing he hurt you by keeping it to himself all these months.

"I thought it was selfish of me to want anything. I just wanted to help."

"And hiding that helps me in what sense?" you weren't following and he bit his lip nervously.

He was afraid of picking the wrong words again, bringing up such a sensitive topic. The last thing he wanted was to upset you and have you push him away again.

"With what happened that night, I figured it wasn't the right time to pursue anything. So I just wanted to be there for you as a friend. I didn't mean to hurt you by doing that"

"When has friendzoning ever helped anyone?" you teased him and he laughed airily at the observation. You raised a fair point indeed.

"I love your comebacks" he commented amused, making you blush once more.