Chapter 47: Girlfriend? Me? No

As the time to go down to your hometown came closer, you became sicker and sicker and Jimin worried about you. You barely kept your food down anymore and when you saw your weight dropping, it became specially hard to ignore the dark thoughts that encouraged you to keep up with it.

This weekend was going to be busy for Jimin, he invited you over to the dorms so you could keep each other company. He was going to have to reorganize his bedroom as Hobi was moving into Taehyung's old room now that he had moved out just before Christmas.

When the doorbell rang at their apartment after the doorman let you in on the ground floor, the person who opened the door was not who you expected.

"Girlfriend!" Hobi welcomed you and gave you a tight hug. You laughed in his arms and wrapped yours around him. It had been months since you'd seen him, you'd only exchanged a few messages here and there.

"It's so good to see you, Hob-ah. Not sure what you mean with girlfriend though" at your words, he pulled back looking puzzled.

"Didn't Jimin-ah ask you over Christmas?"

"No, in fact, he didn't. He never asked me so I don't know, to be honest." you said crossing your arms playfully. Just then Jimin walked into the living room looking at you with wide eyes.

"Excuse me? Am I not your boyfriend?" he tilted his head and placed his hands on his hips looking particularly sassy.

"I mean, you introduced me as that to your best friend's parents. Maybe you were trying to cover up the fact that you'd been sleeping around and were bringing your hook up as a date" you teased him picking your words carefully.

"Wow" he said raising a hand as if trying to stop you from going on and turned around to walk away. Hoseok giggled at the silly exchange, you did look so much more comfortable together these days.

Shortly after, you entered Jimin's room to find his things scattered all over the floor, bed and furniture. He glanced at you over his shoulder and moved a few boxes from the bed to the floor so that you could sit.

"So, now that you are here. I've been meaning to ask you something" he said seriously and you looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"What is it?" you suddenly were really nervous.

"Would you be my girlfriend?" he asked smiling widely and giggling when you slapped his arm in protest. For a minute he had you there.

"Mm, I don't know. I was hoping for a romantic night. Maybe in the garden section at Lotte under an umbrella, with a romantic frozen dinner while sitting on plastic furniture" you replied stifling a laugh.

"Ah, I see. You and your expensive taste, I don't think I can afford that" he commented shaking his head amused as he grabbed a pile of clothes and rearranged them on the side of the closet that was his roommate's.

"I like what I like" you replied shrugging and smiling to yourself entertained.

"Did you have a good night?" he changed topics and suddenly his facial expression was somber.

"Not exactly" you said shaking your head, trying to make it as if it wasn't a big deal. It had been a while since you had slept uninterrupted, your anxiety wouldn't let you sleep well and you'd even been sick in the middle of the night just from your head never stopping.

"This is not right. Let me come with you" Jimin insisted. He had offered to go to Gwangju together several times as he saw your decline, but you kept refusing.

"Can you not?" you growled irritated. How many times did you have to say no? It was better if your family knew as little as possible about your personal life. You certainly didn't want your mother to get in the way of your relationship.