|25|

|JANIA|

I hold the envelopes in my hands as I sits on the couch. There's two of them. Hoseok and I went to the doctor's office six days ago. His request of a DNA test upset me but I went along with getting it.

Simply because I do not care enough to argue with him about it, I sat through being poked twice for an early blood sample. The first time they stuck me, the vein didn't put out as much blood as the nurse needed. So I had to be poked again. All Hoseok had to do was spit in a tube.

We haven't spoken much since his demand. I'm trying not to let it bother me too much but it's difficult. It's annoying how quick he switched up after finding out about me being pregnant. Even more so because I'm the only one being affected by his ridiculous ass rule.

I pull out my phone and call him. It rings four times before it goes to voicemail. I don't leave him one in case he's with out with somebody. Instead, I text him to tell him that the papers came. He texts back less than two minutes later asking if I can drop them off at his job later. He's busy right now and won't have time after.

He's going straight from Foot Locker to his own business and my apartment is out of the direct line to get there. I let him know that I can but I won't be around there until late tonight.

I grab my keys off the table and put my shoes on. As I walk to the car, my phone rings. I see that it's Hobi and ignore it.

On the drive to my job, I stop by Namjoon and Yuki's house. She made cornbread last night and saved me a couple pieces. Namjoon brings it out for me.

"How have you been feeling?"

Hoseok probably told him about the DNA test. I doubt that he told him why though. He isn't one to spill other people's business, mostly because it doesn't involve him and he never cares enough. Seokjin may have told him about coming to see me though.

"Eh. I haven't thrown up yet today but it's only 11 o'clock so we'll see."

"Nothing else?"

"Nope." I pop my lips at the 'p' sound and he nods.

"Alright then. Call one of us if you need anything." He says as I back out of their driveway.

I get to work and put my apron on. Tanya lets me know what section I'll be handling today and I go out to greet the people sitting at the booth. We've only been open for an hour but 11-2 are always busy. We get packed with hungry people.

"Hi, guys. My name's Jania. I'll be your server today. Can I start you off with any drinks and appetizers?"

"Uh, yeah. Can I get some Pepsi? And a cup of chocolate milk for her, please?" He points to the girl leaning against his arm.

"Yes, of course. Anything for you two?" I ask the other side of the booth. The two men look at the menu before they pick their heads up.

"What time y'all start serving alcohol? It's too early for vodka, ain't it?"

His friend next to him smacks his arm as me and his friends laugh. "Yeah it's a little too early. We start serving alcohol at 2 o'clock."

"God dammit. Just a water then. Thank you."

I laugh and he smiles at me. "I feel you on the drink. If I could have one, I'd be outta here rn." I tell him honestly. If I could drink without it affecting the baby, I wouldn't have even come to work today.

"I'm telling you. Life stressful as hell. I don't know how you work here. We just seen one of your coworkers get yelled at by some lady last week. She forgot her coupon and still wanted them to honor it."