|92|

|THIRD|

Mina sucks her thumb and looks back and forth between her parents as they move around the house. She's all dressed and ready to go for her doctor's appointment. Her parents, however, don't seem to have their things quite together yet.

"Hoseok, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you cannot fit that shirt anymore."

Hoseok looks down at himself and then back at Jania. "Why not?"

"Because your arms are getting big as hell and look at your chest." She pokes one of his pecs. "You look crazy trying to squeeze into schmedium. This shirt's about to burst at the seams."

"Okay, okay. Plain white t, it is." He walks back into the bed room.

"Don't sulk. You look good in them."

"I'm not sulking. I know I look good in them. I'm just tryna hurry up so can make it on time."

"Then let's go, baby daddy!" Jania smacks his butt and he side eyes her. He screws his face up as he grabs another shirt to put it on.

Jania grabs his keys and puts her shoes and jacket on. Grabbing Mina's car seat, she steps outside and gets her strapped in securely before turning the vehicle on.

Hoseok comes out a few minutes later and gets in the driver's seat. He buckles his seat belt as he pulls out of the driveway. He drives to Mina's doctor's office and arrives six minutes before her appointment starts.

Jania grabs the car seat from the back and Hoseok takes it from her as they approach the medical building and grabs her hand in his. She intertwines their fingers as they make it inside.

"She's getting shots today. You remember that, right?"

"I thought that was next time."

"Nope."

Hoseok side eyes her as the elevator doors open. "They be poking my baby up. I don't like that. Feel like I gotta make it even now."

"How are you going to 'make it even?' She's getting vaccinations."

"And I'm getting a tattoo." Hoseok tells her. The elevator doors open and he takes his phone out of his pocket. They walk to Mina's pediatrician's office and check in at the window.

Hoseok texts Jungkook about tattoo openings and slips his phone back in his pocket. He reaches into Mina's car seat and takes her out.

"Let her sleep, Hobi."

"I want to wake her up peacefully. I'd rather it be me than she wake up to being stabbed by strangers." He defends. Jania can't argue with his logic so she allows for him to coax their daughter out of her sleeps. Or try to, rather.

"You getting up baby girl?" Hoseok asks quietly. Mina sucks on her thumb and smiles in her sleep as her father kisses her face. "Hell nah. You fall asleep listening to me talk. This not even gonna wake you up, is it? All Daddy do is run his mouth to you, huh? You sick of me yet?" He bounces her lightly.

Jania smiles at his words and watches him brush his nose against their daughter's. He does that all the time. Every time that he's got her close, he brushes his nose against hers. It's like a habit that he can't shake. Or won't, rather.

"Mina." The nurse comes out and calls for her. Jania grabs the car seat while Hoseok carries Mina. He gets her stripped down so they can weigh her and then they're taken into their appointment room.

The pediatrician comes in and asks for milestone updates before she starts the physical. They tell her that Mina's picking her head up during tummy time and when they're holding her. She's looking around at more things and turning when she hears their voices. She's grabbing things and sucking her thumb more. She sleeps for about six hours at night so they're finally getting a bit more sleep as well.