|42|

|THIRD|
14 weeks, 5 days

Hoseok is having a hard time keeping his mouth closed and his thoughts at bay. He hasn't said anything to Jania about Seokjin texting her so late. He wants to ask her how she responded, because he's sure that she did. He wants to ask how their conversations have been going, just so he knows.

He's not crazy. He knows that he can't be the only one feeling the way that things are shifting between them. She knows not to engage with Seokjin that way, right?

Hoseok looks down at Jania, asleep on his chest. He worked customs today, dropping shoes off to people's homes and shipping others out. He left at around seven this morning and got back to the house at two.

Jania was texting him for most of that time. She woke up at ten and called him as soon as she didn't feel him next to her. She knew that he had to work. It just didn't cross her mind fresh off of the wake up.

He answered the phone and she was still half sleep asking him where he went. When he told her that he was working, she remembered. He stayed on the phone with her for a while before his mother called.

Jania took that as her cue to finally get out of bed, shower and eat. Hoseok got back home at 2:30 and they sat in the living to watch a movie. She fell asleep toward the end. It's now 4:30 and she's been sleeping on the couch with him since 3:45.

Her phone starts vibrating on the side table and Hoseok picks it up. It's her mother. He wakes Jania, rubbing her hip in the process.

"Hm?"

"Your mom calling."

"Let it ring." She mumbles.

So he does. And she calls again. Jania smacks her teeth and sits up, straddling Hoseok's lap. He hands her the phone and she answers with it on speaker as she rubs her eyes.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Why didn't you answer the a second ago?"

"I was sleeping."

"Oh. You have to work tonight?"

"No, why?" Jania asks in response to her mother's question. Hoseok looks at her as she talks and lifts her shirt to feel her skin. He rubs her stomach and she smiles at him.

"We're having family dinner tonight and you need to come."

Jania's smile drops and she rolls her eyes. "I can't. Imma be busy."

"You just said you didn't have to work. You haven't come to dinner in a month. Just because you moved out doesn't mean you're exempt from this family. I bet you made sure that boy saw you, though."

Jania screws her face up and before she can respond, Hoseok mutes the phone. Her mother continues to go off on her.

"Calm down for a second."

"She so ugh. Like what did she even call me for? She could've just texted me. I don't want to hear this shit. This why I didn't answer the phone."

"I know you don't want to go but it's better if it's now than later when you're bigger. We can do this one and then say we're busy once you're showing more."

"Can you come with me?"

"Of course. I'm not gonna let you go by yourself anyway."

Especially not with the way they spoke to her the last time. She doesn't need all that negativity for the duration of her pregnancy. Hoseok isn't gonna let it happen.

Jania unmutes the phone and cuts her mother off.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming. Hoseok is coming with me."