|98|

|THIRD|

Something about Louis Armstrong playing in a bar decorated like the 20s really puts a pep in David Anderson's step.

He hasn't been able to enjoy things like this in a long time. It's almost as if he's gotten his groove back. It came in a wave right along with his freedom. And with freedom and his groove comes new opportunities and new experiences.

David has always been an outgoing person. He's always been the type to strike up conversation with strangers. He wouldn't know them from a can of paint and make the conversation feel like they've been friends for years.

Or friends from long ago that are catching up after not having seen each other for years.

Though with Racquel, he doesn't have to force that part. They really haven't seen each other in years. 22 to be exact.

"And this is my grand baby London here." David says, showing the woman the photo.

"She is adorable. Look at her cheeks. They're so pinchable." Racquel coos at the photo.

"Oh, you think that's something." David says. "Look at this one." He scrolls up through his photos and taps a photo of his youngest grandchild. "This here is Jania's baby, Mina."

Racquel gasps quietly with a small smile. "Oh my gosh. Jania has a baby?" She takes the phone as he holds it out. "Oh, yep." She nods as she looks at Mina. "That's her daughter. Look just like her. Wow." She hands the phone back. "Do you recent pictures of Jania? I haven't seen her since she was what? A year old?"

"Yeeahhh. It's been a while. I've got a picture of her and her boyfriend, actually. With Mina and London. London love her some Hoseok, now. She smack him up out of love. That's their thing. She'll smack his leg and he'll just take it knowing she gonna ask to be picked up right after."

Racquel laughs and her smile makes David smile as well.

He shows her a picture from his birthday party. Jania is holding Mina while Hoseok holds London. His pinky is in Mina's hand and London is holding his necklace as she always does. She's smiling at her father as he sings 'Beat It' by Michael Jackson with Tae. Mina's head is in her mother's neck as she sleeps.

"Okay, wait. Maybe I take it back." Racquel says, looking between Hoseok and Jania. "Mina looks liikkkee whichever one of her parents she's next to."

David laughs and nods. "She gonna look like her momma when she get older. I'm telling you."

"Jania's always been a beautiful girl. It's good to see that she's grown into a beautiful young woman. What about that friend of hers? Jin? I know that he and Paris had a baby... somehow..? Is that the one that Hoseok is holding? London?"

Able to keep up with David through nothing but social media and run ins here and there over the years, Racquel knows little about what's been going on.

She knows about Paris and Jin having a baby together. She assumed that Jania and Paris weren't on the best of terms based on the way that they never included each other in any of their personal things.

David takes in a deep breath and pushes his lips together. "Yeah, that's her. Paris basically... manipulated Jin into being with her because she was envious of Jania and London is the product of that. Everything's okay now, though. Seokjin and Jania are friends. She's with Hoseok and has Mina. Jin has London and Paris.." He rubs his beard.

"I saw." Racquel tells him. "It was on the news."

"Yeah. That was some crazy mess. And Theresa defended her, still defending her."