|99|

THREE WEEKS LATER

|JANIA|

Now... if I knock this nigga head between the dryer and the wall... I'd be wrong, right?

It is six o'clock in the fucking morning. Why in the hell is he up using the blow dryer. I'll kill him.

I rip the covers off me and get out of bed. Walking to the bathroom, I find the door open and see him blow drying his hair as Mina sits in her bouncer. She has her soundproof headphones on and is shaking her maraca and sucking her pacifier.

Looking up at her father with eyes of adoration, she smiles as he sticks his tongue out at her. She's dressed and her skin and hair look moisturized, letting me know that he gave her a bath already.

Hoseok turns to see me standing in the doorway and turns the blow dryer off. He smiles as if he didn't wake me up.

"Morning, baby. How'd you sleep?"

"You can't be serious." I deadpan.

"I am. My bad for waking you up like this. I tried to be quiet but I needed to blow dry my hair."

"Mhm. Why you got her dressed? Where y'all going?" I bend to pick Mina up and she holds her head up and looks at me. "Hi, my precious baby." I kiss her face and she smiles.

"You should get dressed too. We've got two and a half hours but I want to go eat."

"Two and a half hours for what?" I ask. I'm so confused. It's too early for me to be up. Hoseok grins like a madman. Even his eyes seem to glow.

"My manager called. I get the keys today."

My eyes widen as I smile. "Really? You can have them? Like the building is ready for you?"

"Mhm." He nods. "I just have to go pick them up from the office and then we can go see it."

"I'm so proud of you." I tell him suddenly. "I know this has been irking you with how tedious everything is. But you're getting it done and I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you." His cheeks turn pink as he smiles. I poke my lips out for a kiss and he presses his against mine.

"I love you, Hobi."

"I love you too, baby. Let me take Mina so you can shower and get ready."

I kiss her cheeks again before handing her over to her father. He takes her headphones off and checks her earrings before leaving the bathroom. She smiles at me as her father kisses her head.

...she gonna get on my nerves bout this one day. I feel it in my spirit.

•|•|•|•|•

|HOSEOK|

Getting to the office and grabbing the keys is the easy part. It's getting to the damn building that makes me so nervous that Jania has to drive us there.

My hands are trembling and my heart is beating a million miles a minute. It just feels so surreal. Everything in my life right now feels so damn... crazy.

I have a family. I own a business. I'm buying a house. I bought a store front for my business. I have a damn payroll system. This is so crazy.

Jania grabs my hand to stop the trembling as she drives down the strip. "We're almost there, baby."

"Yeah... I'm nervous."

"Why? You worked so hard for this?"

"That's exactly why. I worked so hard for it and now that I have it, I'm scared. What happens after this? Do I become stagnant? Is this it? Is this as far I get to go? What if we move and they don't like me enough there?"