|65|

|THIRD|
23 weeks, 1 day

The fall air has cooled down significantly as it quickly approaches November. On one of the last few days of October, Hoseok and Jania are in thick jackets as they sit in the ultrasound room. It's not quite time for coats but it's chilled enough to pass with a fleece or thick hoodie.

"She is growing nice and steady." The nurse tells the parents. "Her heart rate is strong, she's moving around. Dad, you'll be able to feel her soon. Give it maybe another week or so at the most and you'll be getting some baby action."

She hands Hoseok the pictures and he smiles at them. He takes pictures of them and sends them to his parents.

"I can't wait. I know she's active. She's moving every time we're in here."

"Oh yeah. She's definitely active." The nurse helps Jania wipe her stomach down and sit up. "It's only a matter of time, any day now." Do you guys have any other questions or concerns?"

"No." Both of them say at the same time. They're given their next appointment date and they pick a morning time since Hoseok has to work all day that day.

It'll be almost the second week November by then and that's the busy month for him. He's beyond excited but also very nervous. He can't wait to get the expansion done and finalized so that he can get back to a regular work schedule.

He'll have more of his time freed up. He'll be able to work a more consistent schedule because he'll have employees. And most importantly, he'll be able to spend as much time as possible with his daughter when she's born.

His goal is to be more of an overseer than a constant artist. He'll still paint shoes and he'll still design shoes. He just won't be doing the workload as much and definitely not by himself.

He and Jania walk to his car and hurry inside. He turns the heat on for her and fluffs his hair out before driving out of the parking garage.

"I was thinking we could sit down and make the guest list for the baby shower." He says to break the silence. "Lonzo and Adonis suggested a gift registry too so people know what we want and need but can choose from the list of stuff. I know you wanted to use Dove soap and I got her stocked on Huggies diapers."

"We can do that. I'm not saying that I won't use a Johnson and Johnson product if it's bought but I'd prefer Dove."

"Nah, I know. But if it's what you want for her, then it's what we'll ask for." Hoseok assures.

"I just don't want to mix too many products anyway on her skin. She's going to be new. Her skin will be sensitive."

"That's why I want to use Huggies. Their absorption is really good. The box says 12 hour protection and it's really 12 hour protection. No leaks, blowouts, rashes. She's not gonna be sitting in a diaper for 12 hours but I'm saying."

"Unless she gets older and sleeps that long. From like seven at night to seven in the morning." Jania adds.

"Of course. But I just meant, in general though."

"Oh, well then yeah."

Hoseok drives to his house and they walk a little quicker inside as the wind blows. Jania is not a fan of this cooling off at all and her anemia is only making it worse.

They get inside and he jogs up the stairs to put his coat and sneakers away. Jania sits on the couch with her water bottle and unlocks her phone. She replies to a message that she got several minutes ago from Tae.

jani.blaze: I've been feeling her move
all morning. I'm so happy

.xxl.tae.: that's good! She's going to
be strong and healthy. She just needs
a bit of time to catch up. Don't worry