|74|

|HOSEOK|
32 weeks, 3 days

I'm trying not to be mad because I guess that I really have no room to be but I will not lie and say that I'm not. Because I am. Livid, actually.

"She went where?" Yuki asks as she sits on the couch. Minjoon lays on her chest on his way to sleep.

There's a lot on my mind and I needed someone to talk to about it. What better candidate to get into the mind of a stubborn woman than a stubborn woman herself.

"She's there now. That guy from her job's house. She told me that she was going out to eat with him and I was upset about that but I could rationalize it, you know? Like okay. They're going to be out in public. I don't really have anything to worry about. But no. I called her before I left work and asked her if she wanted me to pick up some food for her and she told me no because she was at his house and he was cooking for her." I explain.

She raises an eyebrow as she takes a sip of water.

"I kind of figured she wasn't at my house because we were on FaceTime and I know what my house looks like, obviously. And I know what your house looks like and her father's. At first I thought she was at Seokjin's house because I don't know what his looks like either."

"Namjoon and Jin had to stay late at the office, though." Yuki says, knowing the information from a text sent by Joon.

"Right." I point to her and nod. "And then I remembered too that he said London was with his mom and dad so he'd have to stop there and get her before going home so Jania being in his house wouldn't make any sense either."

Yuki drinks her water and listens to me talk, nodding along.

"So I asked her where she was and she said at Tae's house. And I didn't say anything back at first because I could've sworn that I told her I didn't want her over there with him."

"What'd she say when you told her that?"

"That they're just friends but then she said so were we. Like me and her. And look at how that turned out. I don't want him around her."

I sit and put the soju bottle to my lips, tipping it back as I drink it down.

"You think they might like each other more than friends?"

"I don't know. It's Jania. It's hard not to like her. And he's not.. a terribly ugly guy."

He's not ugly at all but for the sake of my own ego, I'm going to outwardly say that he is. Does it make me feel any better? No, actually it doesn't. Not at all. Because I know that I'm lying to myself.

"I just don't want her to find somebody else. I don't want her to be with anybody else. She says he doesn't like her but she doesn't know that. You have to smack Jania in the face with things sometimes for her to get them. She's not a big hint taker."

"So you think he might be flirting with her in subtle ways and she's just not noticing?" Yuki asks with a tilt of her head.

"Or she is and doesn't want to tell me because she's trying to 'keep the peace' for coparenting."

Yuki pushes her lips into a thin line trying not to smile.

"What?"

"Nothing." She says as she puts her empty water bottle on the table.

"You're trying not to laugh. What?"

"I just think it's funny that you're both dancing around what you want to say and haven't said it yet."

"I have. She doesn't listen." I defend myself. I've tried to talk to Jania a few times. I've said things multiple times. She hears what she wants to hear."