|31|

|JANIA|

I am so over it. Already. I hate this shit.

I stand up and flush the toilet as I wipe my mouth. I brush my teeth gently so I don't trigger my gag reflex again. The last two days have been hell. I can barely make it through a work day without throwing up.

My manager extended my breaks from 30 to 45 minutes. She still clocks me back in at the 30 minute mark so I get paid for my time.

My phone rings and I look at it before answering the FaceTime call.

"Did you eat yet?" Hoseok asks.

"You just fed me four hours ago." I deadpan as I watch my show.

"Eat again. I just ordered some Chic Fil A to your house. I got you a chocolate shake, some waffle fries and that grilled chicken sandwich with bacon on it. It should be there soon. They were around the corner when I called you. Oh. Wait."

His screen pauses and he looks. "They just dropped it off."

My doorbell rings and I go down to get it, thanking the driver. I look inside the bag and pull out the fries but take a sip of my shake before touching anything else,

"Thank you."

"For what? You need to eat. I want a nine pound baby with fat cheeks."

"Yeah, okay. Who gonna push it out? Cause I'm not." This man is out of his mind. Anything over seven pounds and I'm requesting a c-section. I am not putting myself through that pain.

"What you mean? Imma be right there holding your hand. We can do it together." He smiles as he tries not to laugh. He's got gloves on as he paints the side of an Air Force 1. There's spray paint on his work area as well.

"Aren't you supposed to be wearing a mask for that stuff?"

"Yeah but it's fine. I know what I'm doing. I've been doing this for years, Jah."

"Put the mask on."

I didn't ask all of that. To be frank, I don't care how long he's been doing it. It's not safe.

"I'm fine, girl."

"I know you fine. Now put the damn mask on."

He chuckles as he puts the shoe and paintbrush down. He takes the gloves off and shakes his head, mumbling under his breath. 

"What you say smart?"

"Nothing, Jania. I didn't say anything." He says as he puts the mask on.

"Happy now?"

"Yes." I smile in satisfaction.

"You get on my nerves." He puts new gloves on and starts painting again.

"Oh well. Build a bridge and get over it." I say and he throws his head back laughing.

"Yo." He cackles. "Why are you like this?"

"I don't know because nobody else in my family is funny so I really don't know who I got it from."

He snorts and then gasps. "No~. Oh my god." He grabs a wipe and puts the shoe close to his face as he wipes a spot. "You got me over here cracking up. He chuckles. "Got me messing people shoes up."

"My bad."

I know that it takes time for him to do these things. He's very meticulous about every line, every stencil design, every single outline of a letter or character. So when he messes up, it frustrates him.

"It's okay. It wasn't that bad. I got it." He turns the shoe to the side to make sure. "See?" He spins the shoe around to show me and I nod.

I still feel bad. I eat some of my fries as I watch him continue his design.