|26|

|HOSEOK|

I watch Leah put her shirt back on as I buckle my belt.

"Soooo, Jania." She says. I look up at the sound of her name.

"Y'all together?" She asks without hesitation.

"No. I wouldn't be here if we were." I don't know why they ask that as if I would be if we were. It's insulting.

"Oh." She says as he puts her jeans on.

"Why did you wait until after we had sex and after all this time to ask me that?" I put my foot in my shoe as I look at her.

"You cheating on her is not my business. You owe her the loyalty, not me. I don't even know her." She says as she zips and buttons her jeans. I don't like the way those words came out of her mouth.

I mean, she's right. I wouldn't really expect her to tell Jania if we were dating considering how bad that she wanted to have sex with me but still. She didn't want to snitch on me just a little?

"It's good to know that you're not, though. Now I won't feel bad that we keep doing this."

I stop tying my shoe mid knot. "What you mean?"

"When we link up, I won't feel like a bad person for having sex with you."

"Imma be honest with you, I don't do consistent shit like this. I thought we made that clear. I don't double back on nobody. This isn't happening again." I finish tying my laces and stand up to look at her.

"So you and Jania don't be fucking?" She questions.

"What does that have to do with this?"

"Because you just said you don't double back consistently but that's a lie the way y'all be in each other comments."

I look her up and down. "What me and Jania got going on is nobody's business but me and Jania's. It's a different level of understanding that we have with each other. I really can't explain the shit and I'm not going to."

"She crazy as hell to still be fucking with you while you fucking with other bitches."

"Watch your mouth."

"Hou out here treating her like every other bitch but got her on social media thinking she something. Every bitch got pussy and clearly hers ain't it if you been coming to me on and off for the last two months."

I laugh as I put my jacket on. This is the second time in ten days I'm gonna have to clear somebody about Jania.

"I have my reasons for what I do. But she's definitely not getting treated like everybody else. She's actually humble as hell on social media because it's a whole lot of shit she could post that would piss a lot of people off but she doesn't."

And I mean a lot. Jania got pictures of me knocked out on her chest, sleep on her thighs, rubbing her bare feet, standing in my boxers scrolling on Netflix. I'm pretty sure that she has a picture of me eating her out in Toronto. I know that there's a video of it because I have it in my camera roll. All of that.

"I don't care. You ain't my man. I'm just saying stop putting her on a pedestal like you treat her any different than the rest of them. It's embarrassing. For her."

I smack my teeth and open her front door. I don't care about nothing she's saying. I don't have to validate anything for her. She's not the first one to get mad about the public attention that I give Jania. I don't care, though. What do they want me to do? Stop talking to her? That's not gonna happen.

I get home and shower, getting ready to leave again. I have more important things to worry about than people being jealous of Jania.

My shift at Kids Foot Locker goes by quick. We had to stay late for inventory, I got out at 10. That's not too late but Jania's been sleeping early the last two weeks.