39~That's New!

-------------

We park the car in front of Puffy's house, Schlatt opening his car door and walking out, glancing back at me, me staying in the car. I didn't really necessarily feel like getting out of the car, for one, it's cold, for two, that's awkward. I hear the faint noise of him knocking on the door, standing there with his hands in his pockets. I watch as the door opens, Tubbo staring back in happiness, running towards his father, wrapping his small arms around his father. He takes Tubbo's hand, walking him towards the car, waving at his sister, her waving back, and closing the door. 

I guess Tubbo had seen me, his smile growing esthetically, him waving frantically in my direction. The car door opens quickly, him practically throwing himself into the back seat.
         "Hey, second dad! I missed you!" He yells up to me, smiling. It made me smile to truth be told, someone telling me they missed me, especially a kid, that was something that made my heartbeat in a good way. Schlatt opens his door, getting in, holding Tubbo's backpack, throwing it back to him. 
           "I missed you too kiddo." I smile at him in the mirror side mirror of the car.
            "Where's Tommy?" Schlatt asks, looking back to the back window, backing up. 
            "Oh, Wilbur wanted him to help with the presidency thingy!" His words made me freeze up. 
             "Oh haha... speaking of that..." Schlatt mumbles loudly, glancing over at me.
             "Oh, Tommy already told me, you and Papa are going to be against each other!" I and Schlatt both look at each other with wide-eyed expressions.
             "No-Uh... Yeah... err... I don't... Uhm.... know... I'm not sure how it's going to play o-out." Schlatt stutters out the sentence in an incoherent mess, actually forgetting he agreed to Wilbur.

           "Ah, you forgot ey?" I look over at him.
           "Yeah... Yeah, I did actually. Well, I only really have to be there for the legit thing, not the thing they're holding tonight." He tells both me and Tubbo.
            "Can I go?" Tubbo asks, looking over to me.
            "I'm not sure, it's your dad's call." I glance over at Schlatt. 
             "I don't mind."

            "You know, Wilbur asked me to be a part of his nation,"  Tubbo admits to us, showing us his L'manburg badge he keeps on his backpack. 
            "He asked a 12-year-old to be a part of a nation?" I smiled at the statement.
             "I guess so." He tells me, putting away his badge. "So I'm assuming I should be on his side during the whole thing." He tells me.
              "I mean, that'd make sense," I tell him, my calm voice echoing through the car. "Just remember, if I say anything nasty to him, ignore it." I chuckle a bit.

I feel Schlatt's piercing gaze as I say that. 
          "Don't say anything nasty, you want votes? That sure as hell isn't going to be how you get them." He basically lectures me on my stupidity. 
           "I know, I know, I was joking smartass." I giggle at the man.
            "Hey! Don't cuss." I hear a voice from the back tell me. I turn my head to the child. "Sorry," I say quietly. "Yeah, don't cuss." Schlatt agrees with his kid, smiling. "Wow, I'm being overruled." 

We drive to Schlatt's house, the drive taking less than five minutes. Schlatt's house wasn't necessarily far away, if anything, it was closer than you'd expect. 

We get to his driveway, him parking his car, stepping outside, me and Tubbo following behind as he unlocks his door, the piercing cold-causing legit pain to my fingertips. He opens the door and we pile in, the warmth hitting hard, causing me to let out a sigh in contentment as I hadn't had my jacket with me, as I had lost it. My main source of heat was gone and it was mildly upsetting. 

It wasn't mildly actually. I was extremely upset by the fact of the matter. Why the hell would I take off my jacket if it was that cold, there would be no reason to. So I'm afraid someone took it. Not afraid... terrified. I've had that jacket since high school. Truth be told, I didn't grow much after so this jacket fit me perfectly. It truly was my signature jacket, it went perfectly with any occasion. Perfect. This jacket was perfect.