Healing

~Mew's POV~

"It's okay baby Guppie, just a few more bites. Just a little bit more for me?"

Guppie has been awake for a few weeks now but it's still going to be a long process before he heals completely. Right now, all I want to worry about is getting him to eat a few more bites of the soup I made him.

He doesn't like the cafeteria food. He won't eat anything unless I make it.

"Daddy, tummy full."

His eyes are droopy and his hold in his dino is getting tighter and closer to his chest.

"Come on, just a few more bites baby. Then you can sleep."

His eyes fluttered and he hummed for a moment before he opened his mouth again. I fed him a few more spoonfuls before he refused to eat anymore and settled down to get comfortable.

"Go to sleep baby, mama will visit you tomorrow so you need to have plenty of energy so you can have fun with her."

"Mama?"

"Yeah. Let's get you tucked in."

I turned him onto his back before lowering the bed back and tucking in his blanket I brought from home. I pulled out his nightlight and turned it on before turning off the light to the room.

I always soothe him to sleep before the nurses come in and tell me it's time for me to leave. I gently moved his longer hair out from his face and tucked it behind his ears.

Maybe I should ask him if he wants a haircut.

But the last time he did he was very upset with the results. Maybe not.

I can just wait until it gets longer.

He doesn't need extra stress now.

I quietly hummed a lullaby until I heard a soft knock.

I turned and saw one of the usual nightshift nurses.

"Sir, time is up. You better get home soon, it's supposed to rain soon."

"Wait rain?"

She nodded her head.

I can't leave!

I can't leave my baby all alone!

"Wait, can I please stay the night? I-i can't leave him."

My baby will be scared if I'm not here.

I need to be here.

"I don't know-"

I dragged her out so I didn't disturb my sweetheart's rest.

"Please, he's scared of the rain! I-if he wakes up and I'm not there he'll be so scared and he'll react very badly and it won't be any good for him! Please, I'll even take the fall for it if it's a problem!"

I'm not leaving him alone here!

She sighed and nodded her head.

"Alright, I'll tell the other nurses you're staying here. We'll bring you another blanket and pillow."

"Thank you."

I walked back into the room and sat back down next to my sweetheart. I will be here with you no matter what my baby. I'm here for you and only you. You are mine and I will do whatever it takes to make you feel safe again.