Chapter 33

(Y/n) POV)

Naruto, Kiba, Akamaru, Shino, Dad, Hinata, Sakura, Yamato, Sai, and I landed on the roof of a building.

Dad: "Alright. Starting now, our main mission is to find Itachi and take him into custody." We all nodded. "Akatsuki's goal is to round up the tailed beasts. It is believed that they already have he three-tails. According to the data obtained by Jiraiya, it's possible they have infiltrated the Land of Fire and will target Naruto. Itachi, in particular, is originally from the Leaf Village. Three years ago, he returned to the village and attempted to take Naruto."

Sai: "So he's headed for the Leaf Village again?"

Sakura: "As well as Sasuke who's after Itachi Uchiha!"

Naruto: "Alright! I'm gonna meet up with Sasuke no matter what."

Yamato: "Well, let's just take it one step at a time."

Dad: "Here's the search plan. Using this as a central point, we'll search all four directions for five kilometers. If we find nothing, then we'll move the central point and spread out five kilometers from there. And...we'll keep repeating this strategy."

Sakura: "Five kilometers... Our wireless radio will be out of range! And if we're separated, it'll be dangerous!"

"Sakura!" She freezes and looks towards me. "Everyone one of us here has my mark on them. Everyone also has one of my knives with them. If any of you find something that you can't take on by yourself. Then all you have to do is throw my knife anywhere, and I'll come to you."

Dad: "There's also this." He performs the summoning jutsu, and all of his dogs come out.

Pakkun: "Our voices which travel even farther than the wireless radios, and our noses that can instantly sniff out danger, will protect you."

Naruto:  "Pakkun!"

Dad: "Alright, let me explain the patrol team formation. This time, two ninja hounds will be assigned to each member."

Sakura: "Two dogs... Huh? But..."

Dad: "Get along, all of you." A pair of the hounds went to everyone except me. I did my own summoning jutsu, and two owls appeared in front of me.

"Hey Icarus, hey Katsu." They both didn't speak for a moment.

Icarus/Katsu: "You haven't summoned us in a while."

"Haven't needed your expertise."

Naruto: "What about me?"

Dad: "Naruto, you're the jinchuriki they're targeting. Just incase you're attacked, you'll be with Yamato and Sensory-Scout Hinata."

Pakkun: "And Big Bark Bull."

Hinata: "L-Let's work together, Naruto."

Naruto: "Right!"

Dad: "And being ninja-hound users, Kiba and I will each have a dog. (Y/n) has his owls."

Kiba: "So we're all set!"

Dad: "Listen up everyone! Above all, you will track Itachi and Sasuke's scents. If you find either one of them, verify their location, then return to this spot. Especially you, Naruto. Don't go running off ahead of us."

Naruto: "I know."

Dad:" Alright then, let's head out. Scatter!"

(Timeskip)

I walked through the forest as I watched Icarus and Katsu fly around the area.

"You've got anything?"