66. Kiyotana

Main pairing: Shimizu Kiyoko x Tanaka Ryosuke  

Other pairing(s): None

Warnings: None

Time: Pre-timeskip / Post-timeskip

.

*At Kiyoko's graduation*

Tanaka: Kiyoko-san, can I talk to you for a minute please?

Kiyoko: Sure, Tanaka. Is everything alright?

*They go to somewhere private*

Tanaka: Look, Kiyoko-san. I heard you talking to Suga-san about how you thought I wasn't actually in love with you and was just confused.

Kiyoko: Tanaka, I-

Tanaka: Please, let me finish...

*Kiyoko nods*

Tanaka: I just wanted to let you know that I'm not confused and that I am in love with you.

*Tanaka, blushing*: As cliché as it sounds, the world stops spinning when I see you, I would do anything and everything just for you to be happy. I said that I'd wait for you until you are ready, and I will wait until the end of time.

*Tanaka, rubbing his neck*: That is, if you ever do want to be in a relationship with me. So... Yeah... Just wanted to let you know... 

*Tanaka, hesitantly*: Um... Kiyoko-san... As pathetic as it sounds, can you tell me if... nevermind, it was stupid, haha... Thank you for your time, I won't take any more of it. 

Kiyoko: Ryuu, please ask me.

Tanaka: Oh... Um... Then... Can you tell me if I can continue waiting for you?

*Kiyoko, sternly*: No.

*Tanaka, his voice shaky*: O-oh, um... okay... sorry for bothering you for all this time, then.

Kiyoko: I meant that you didn't have to wait anymore, Ryuu. I'm ready to be in a relationship.

Tanaka: Are-are you s-serious?

 *Kiyoko, giggling*: Can I kiss you?

*Tanaka nods eagerly*

*They kiss*

*A few years after Tanaka graduates* (this is the original part I wanted to write but I felt it'd be weird considering their relationship in hs so yh)

*Tanaka and Kiyoko go back to visit Karasuno years later and can't help sneaking into the gym*

Tanaka: Wow... It hasn't changed one bit...

Kiyoko: It really hasn't... has it?

*They fool around for a bit before going out but Kiyoko stops him on the doorway*

*Kiyoko looks at him, takes in the way he has always looked at her with the same soft grey eyes that regard her with so much love she never imagined she could deserve* 

*Kiyoko, smiling*: Yes.

*Tanaka's eyes light up as he remembers the first day he saw her, how his heart stopped at her beauty, and how it still does the same. It's for the way she laughs at his stupid jokes, her intelligence, her silliness when no one sees her, the way she sees the world, and how she loves him*

Tanaka: Really?

*Kiyoko, blushing*: Really.

.

I hope y'all understood that Kiyoko was saying yes to Tanaka's proposal from the day they met.