47 - I Will Change For You

Third Person POV

Rebecca kept the gun pointed in Kimberly's direction as she walked around her to the phone. She looked down at it one time before stepping on it several times, smashing the phone up with her foot, making Kimberly wince.

"I am so disappointed in you Kimberly, trying to call the police on the one person that truly loves you? I'm hurt," she said holding her heart and faking a sad expression. "Get up and go run water in the tub. Now."

Kimberly breathed shakily as she stood up, hands in the air as Rebecca kept the gun pointed at her. She turned and walked to the bathroom, her eyes darting anywhere and everywhere for anything that could help her right now.

Rebecca moved to a spot in the room where she could see both Lauren and Kimberly so that no funny business could occur again. Her mind was racing, thinking of everything she could do now that she had Kimberly back. She heard the tub filling and smiled before looking over to see that Lauren was starting to doze off. Perfect.

Kimberly came back into the room, her gaze slowly switching between Rebecca and the gun. "The tub is filling now. Is it for Lauren?"

Rebecca nodded while staring off into space. "Yeah, we're gonna lay her in there any minute now," she said before glancing over to see Lauren passed out. Kimberly stared at her, seeing that familiar crazy look in Rebecca's eye. The glassed over look that was present whenever she acted out or did something harmful and impulsive.

"You don't have to do this you know, we can move away from all of this and leave it behind. You don't have to kill any more people," Kimberly pleaded. Maybe if she convinced her enough, she could get her to stop and lower her guard.

"It's too late for that Kimberly, we're in too deep. Just know, I'm doing all of this because I love you."

"THIS ISN'T LOVE!" Kimberly screamed. She was frustrated at this point and just wanted to cry. "This is your weird, twisted version of it. You. Need. Help. A lot of it."

Rebecca closed her eyes and sighed, clenching her jaw to prevent her from lashing out. "I'm trying Kimberly....I'm trying to change, for you-"

"And killing Lauren is supposed to make me believe that?"

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Rebecca said now getting up. "She knows way too much, I don't trust her. She'll ruin our lives."

Kimberly just rolled her eyes. "I can't expect you to change for anyone," she scoffed.

"She can be the last one, okay? I won't do it again."

Rebecca was now in front of Kimberly with pleading eyes, which shocked Kimberly. It had been so long since she saw this look. It was the same look from the day that whole confrontation happened. Maybe Rebecca would change for her if given the chance, maybe Lauren would be the last one. She was brought out of her thoughts as she felt a hand on her chin lifting it up.

"Kimberly, I will change for you," Rebecca said looking her in the eyes. Her gaze then drifted down to her lips. She couldn't stop herself as she kissed Kimberly softly. To her surprise, Kimberly kissed her back. Both of their minds were racing, adrenaline flooding their senses.

Kimberly wanted to believe her, but could she? She was the only one she had left. Her friends all had their individual lives and college to prepare for. Her teachers had their own lives. Maybe Rebecca and her could move to a new state together? Kimberly was brought out of her thoughts when Rebecca broke the kiss and leaned her forehead against hers. Kimberly felt something wet and opened her eyes to see they were both crying. Talk about a twisted bonding experience.

"Help me put her in the tub."

"Wait, I think she might have my phone in one of her pockets."

Kimberly went over and checked as many as she could before finding it on the inside of her jacket. 16 missed calls and 30 texts...

The two picked up Lauren and brought her in the bathroom before placing her in the tub, making sure to submerge her head.

"Don't you think this is a bad idea. It's a little obvious there was more than one person here and signs of struggle."

"There is but they don't have our DNA in the system to match us to it...at least I hope so. Plus I've already figured out a way to pin this on the pizza guy."
Kimberly didn't know what to say to that, it didn't surprise her. Of course Rebecca would think of that.

When bubbles didn't arise to the surface of the water anymore, Rebecca made her way out of the bathroom and began collecting her things. "Time to go babe," she said casually.

She handed Kimberly a ski mask that was tucked in her bra and put one on herself.
"Where did these even come from?" Kimberly asked confused.

"I forgot I had them. Now let's go."

They left the room and got in Rebecca's car before leaving the parking lot of the motel.
"You're not scared they'll have your car on camera?"

"I'll probably abandon this car and set it on fire once we have everything set up. I have another car on stand by."

"Wow, you really planned for this," Kimberly said. She was impressed, but wouldn't admit that.

"I needed everything to be perfect to get you back," Rebecca said smiling at her. She reached over and held Kimberly's hand as they drove away. Kimberly didn't know where they were going and didn't dare to ask questions, seeing as Rebecca was still quite unpredictable. She wanted so badly to check her phone and tell her friends she was still alive.

Kimberly tried to sneakily send a text back to her friends from the corner of her pocket but froze when she felt something sharp prick her neck and droplets of some liquid sliding down. "Ow! What the hell was that?" She said rubbing her neck. No way Rebecca just injected her with something.

"Shhh my love, this is only to help you sleep for the ride until we get to where we're going."

Kimberly's eyes widened at her. Her breathing started to get slower as it took effect.  "No, I'm not going to pass out until you tell me what that was," Kimberly demanded as her eyes started to droop. Her muscles relaxed and head fell to the side slightly.

"It's Midazolam okay, not harmful. They use it when extracting wisdom teeth."

"Then how did- how- how did you..."

Rebecca glanced over at Kimberly with her eyes already closed. "Geez I forgot how talkative she is," she sighed to herself.

She would have kept Kimberly awake if she hadn't noticed her trying to send a text, but she couldn't take any chances. Finally she had her baby girl back. Rebecca picked up her phone and dialed Katherine's number.

"Hello?"

"Yeah I got her, I'm on my way."

"Perfect, I'll get everything ready. See you soon."

Rebecca sighed contently, but it was short lived as she saw blue and red lights blinking in her rear view mirror. You've got to be fucking kidding me...

*********************

Why do you think the police are about to stop her?

What's in store for Kimberly? How are her friends going to react?

Vote and comment !