30 - Heartbreak

Kimberly's POV

After that call I had to go to the bathroom and splash some water in my face. This is all so much. There was a knock on the door.

"Just a minute."

When I walked out, Lauren was there waiting. We made eye contact then I looked down and made my way around her.

"You love her don't you?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. "Exuse me?"

"You have feelings for Rebecca. That's why you agreed to the plan. You and I both know the plan is a stretch and will most likely fail but you agreed to it anyway," she said matter of factly.

"For your information 'miss know-it-all', I don't have feelings for her and the plan is worth a shot."

"Oh, my god," she smirked folding her arms. "You really do have feelings for her."

I squinted my eyes at her and mirrored her actions, also folding my arms. "Even if I did, it wouldn't be any of your business. I just want this to all be over."

"Mhmm okay."

With that she turned and went into the bathroom. Who does she think she is?! This random new girl just joins my squad and thinks she knows everything. I don't know if it's because she watches a lot of crime shows and suddenly thinks she's a professional profiler like the BAU, but she needs to take a step back.

I make my way back downstairs and tell my friends I'll go back tomorrow to get a head start.

"Just be safe girl," Michael says as he hugs me.

"I will, I promise."

*************************

Early afternoon the next day

I waited in a coffee shop for Rebecca to arrive. My nerves were going off the roof and I couldn't control my leg bouncing constantly.

My phone vibrated as I got a text from Rebecca telling me She was outside. I took a deep breath and made my way toward the car. I opened the door and kept my gaze straight in front of me.

"I missed you."

My heart fluttered. I hate this feeling. But If I want to get on her good side, I at least have to try.

"Missed you too," I forced out with a fake smile, finally turning to meet her stare.

She smiled at me and started the car.
"We can stop at a grocery store and you can get the cat food, along with whatever else you want."

I perked up at this. Food was one of my number 1 weaknesses. "That sounds nice.

***********************

When we arrived at her house, I carried as much bags as I could because I hate making double trips.

Skyler greeted me at the door, rubbing her head all over my legs. I bent down to pick her up, walked over to the couch, and sat there petting her.

"Hi pretty kitty. I brought you a present," I said as I scratched behind her ear.

I opened the soft food and placed it in front of her which she happily began to eat. She seems pretty okay to me.

Rebecca sat next to me but left a small space between us. I'm surprised she's not tying me up and torturing me. She did say she wasn't upset, but how true could that be.

She turned on the T.V. and folded her legs underneath her. She's being eerily quiet. I tried not to notice but I could feel her eyes on me. After a minute I turned to her.