39 - Drunken Mistake

Kimberly's POV

After saying goodbye to everyone, Ms. Smith drove me to her house, which I should've known better and said no, but by now I'm desensitized to it all and could care less.

She didn't live too far away from our high school which was good I guess.

"Kimberly wake up, we're here."

I opened my eyes and looked out of the window to a nice medium, modern house.
Getting out of the car, we made our way in and Ms. Smith showed me around, letting me know to tell her if there was anything I needed. I sat on the couch and started playing games on my phone.

I felt the need to take a walk and just really observe this neighborhood. The sun was still shining and there was a slight breeze.

"Ms. Smi-"

"Please, call me Chloe," she said interrupting me.

"Okay, Chloe. Can I take a walk, like just a walk around the neighborhood. You're welcome to come along."

"Of course, let me just grab my purse."

**************

The radiant sky was an elegant mix of orange and pink as the sun set. It made me feel better despite the dreadful situation I was currently in. I was mentally miserable, but fixating on the beautiful organisms of nature improved my mood.

While walking and passing stores, Chloe excused herself to go into the liquor store while giving me some money to go into a candy store, as if I was a child. I'm not going to complain, just buy a chocolate bar and pocket the rest of the money. Chocolate....Rebecca always loved chocolate. Wait...why am I thinking of her? I don't care that she loves chocolate, that shouldn't sway me from buying some...I don't like the reminder though.

I put the chocolate back and picked up a lollipop instead. I exited the store and waited for Chloe near by. She emerged from the liquor store holding two bags.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah."

I lowkey wanted to get drunk right now and forget all of my problems, but that would probably lead to some regrettable actions...

*

I woke up in a foreign bed with a jolt, as my nightmare came to an end. Is this what they call PTSD? I waited for my heartbeat to return back to normal and wiped the sweat from my forehead.

Immediately an agonizing pain pervaded through my head that made me wince and lay back down.

Upon laying back down, my arm touched something else, well more like someone else. I slowly turned to my side to see Chloe.

'You can't be serious,' I sighed to myself.

Just to make sure that what I suspected had actually happened, I checked under the covers and much to my dismay, we were both naked. I'm not even going to try and remember anything because that would make my head hurt worse.

'Damn what is with me? Mommy issues maybe.'

I slowly got up and made my way over to the bathroom that was connected to her room. I looked a complete mess. My hair was messy, my eyes were bloodshot and my breath smelled like something died in there.

I looked around in her cabinets until I found a couple of new toothbrushes still in their packages.

After making myself look somewhat presentable, I made my way back to the room and saw that Chloe was awake. She was staring into space with a hand on her forehead.