[Chapter 37]: Flower's Eye, Rocco's Ply Part I

Rowan silently followed the path of the wind, convincing himself to embody a state of peace. He absolutely wouldn't let his mind wander back to the place he had just left. He needed a distraction and he knew just who'd perfectly fill the role. Hence, he now walked towards that someone with a hopeful smile.

"Hey, you're finally here. Where are those two?" Unfortunately, the first thing brought up between them had to be the conversation he dreaded most. The brown eyes he'd initially looked gratifyingly upon, now seemed deliberate in erecting the pillar of anxiety within his mind. But he couldn't bear to express that, seeing the fond curiosity on the other's face.

He should've known someone would ask the minute they spotted him. He was the one who volunteered to wait for Gavin and Kallie's arrival, after all. It was a given that his boyfriends expected to see them following along behind him. The greater surprise would undoubtedly be what he was about to reveal. "They're having a talk right now, in private."

"You left them alone together?" A frown immediately laced the voice that replied, worry over the two possibly fighting evident. They always did when they talked in fact, and it was most likely they'd argued during the trip here. Solely Rowan had seen how the brunette was sincere in his request though, therefore only he'd believe that Gavin's issues with Kallie could soon be resolved.

"Yeah, but don't worry, they really are talking things out." Noticing the doubt that his boyfriend felt, Rowan tried his best to insist. He hoped the other would act upon his wish for Gavin to mend their relationship. For that, Trevor should have no reason to fret about unacceptable possibilities.

"Oh." Trevor smiled, a reluctance in his expression that Rowan could at best associate with his unwillingness to believe. Trevor alone would know the genuine reason for his aversion. The male sought to be positive though, hoping the ravenette caught none of the desires hidden deep within his heart. "...That's good."

As such, the now impassive seeming male continued on with his painting, a rough outline of scattered sunflowers and lavenders already layering the canvas. Rowan pulled over an extra foldable stool that Trevor had brought, setting it behind the latter to watch his 'distraction' with false composure. You could say he was anxious to see the conclusion of something, quite possibly the painting.

Meanwhile, at the desolate corner behind a certain hill, a muffled sound of squelches could be heard around the corner. Soft groans were a dime a dozen as an unusual quality permeated the air. An almost raspy tone of voice spoke with complaint. "Nnh, I-I can't believe it went in so easily..."

"Shut up, stop making those weird sounds." Another exclaimed unnervingly, his breathing ragged. Gavin released a frustrated sigh, glancing down at the jerky movement of Kallie's legs, wondering why he bothered with the other who was certainly not enjoying himself.

"It's so slippery though." The blonde expressed disdainfully, staring fixedly at the nearly sticky substance that he was currently dragging a finger through. He shuddered at the cold sensation, regretting his decision to touch it. Using a wet wipe provided by Gavin, he began vigorously rubbing it away. "Let's move...I'm not comfortable here.."

"Fine, I know a place that'd be better for us to do this." Gavin huffed, irked by the other's constant critiques. He immediately left Kallie behind and marched around the side of the rocky hill, approaching what seemed to be a perfectly horizontal ledge. It was short enough to jump onto, not to mention wide and smooth to lay upon.

"There, it's flat and dry here. Now let's get on with it." Gavin impatiently climbed to a seated position on the ledge, beckoning forward the carefully approaching Kallie. Silence ensued for a while afterwards as they both sat gazing upon the distant wildflower fields. To clarify, Kallie's mood was ruined by how he'd stepped into some mud while he'd dropped his white sunglasses nearly inches from the mucky patch of dirt.