[Chapter 40.0012 months]: "The birth of Wednesday."

Soft calls of nearby cicadas pervaded the cool night air, as the waning moon illuminated trees lining an asphalt path. With an echoing slam, Gavin shut his car door and trekked out of the parking lot in silence. Ahead of him skipped an oblivious Kallie with nut shells sticking to his pants.

Reaching the manor's front porch, Kallie jigged the doorknob fruitlessly before digging into his pocket. He fumbled for his keys and in the greatest of accidents, pitifully dropped them to the ground. With a small groan of protest, he bent forward to pick them up. Out of impulse, Gavin's gaze traveled down to the cotton shorts that had ridden up, dramatically outlining the other's round behind.

Kallie shifted back up, finally able to wiggle the key in and unlock the door. Before he could walk in though, a harsh slap rang through the air. A shocked cry followed, as Kallie's hand immediately reached towards his behind. He glowered accusingly at the nonchalant figure walking past him, as if the brunette hadn't just smacked his ass.

Kallie huffed as he aggressively wiped his behind, unaware of the fallen nut shells below the door. He tossed off his shoes and angrily followed Gavin inside, stomping toward the living room readying himself to scold. As soon as he passed through the archway, upon him fell a plethora of gazes which froze him in his tracks.

Distant clangs permeated from the kitchen, a savory scent of meat hitting Kallie's senses. Consequently, he failed to notice Gavin make his escape into Stein's window seat, shutting the curtains that encircled it. There, the brunette made a point to unbutton the book fanatic's shirt in search of any love bites. Lo and behold, a trail of them ran up Stein's chest. Gavin pursed his lips at the sight.

Meanwhile, out of the curtained space, Trevor ambled out of the kitchen and glanced at the new entrant. He had changed into a fresh set of clothes and his usual pink apron. "You're finally back? Dinner will be ready in an hour, so rest for a bit."

He looked upon Kallie's troubled expression with understanding, sure that the blonde was worn out after his drunken tirade. The nearly two hour drive home certainly couldn't have been better. Speaking of which, he surveyed the room for a certain boyfriend of his, eventually catching sight of a familiar elbow peeking out from the window's cloaked edge.

After watching Kallie trudge his way upstairs, the brunette reached for the curtains and pulled them to expose Gavin's stiff figure crouched pitifully in one corner. Though confused by his careful stance, Trevor managed to plainly convey his words. "You too, go freshen up. We'll talk after dinner, okay?"

Trevor was pleased that Gavin had managed to right things with Kallie. For once, he didn't feel conflicted over the other's actions. Now came to question how he'd go about their own relationship strains. Of course, he acted as usual, not wanting to bombard Gavin when the latter was probably overridden with emotions.

"I'd like to eat in my room, if you don't mind." Gavin exhaled wearily, loosening his collar and slipping off his suit jacket. He contemplated simply taking everything off, but it was likely he'd meet with trouble should he head upstairs in such a state.

He no longer had the energy to deal with Kallie, or anything for that matter. It was possible he'd collapse from exhaustion as soon as he reached his room. Trevor could see as much, although he was somewhat disappointed with the turn of events. He softly grazed a palm against Gavin's passing hands for comfort. "I'll bring it up for you later, then."

The glasses-wearer lightly hummed in thanks, as he made way for his bedroom to take a much needed shower. He had evidently forgotten the deranged looking Stein that he'd left in his wake, as the dirty-blonde emerged from his nook, eyes hard and face wooden.

Sitting on the nearby couch, Nathaniel burst into laughter at the sight, just barely holding it back when Stein sent a leery gaze. He wouldn't be forgetting this humiliation, he vowed silently. Gavin would soon face rightful retribution for leaving him like this.