[Chapter 29]: Furtive Pass

It was now nearing noon, as the sun rose higher in the sky. On the front steps of the Black manor, stood Kallie face-to-face with his best friend. They shared their farewells as the latter prepared to return to his nephew's home.

"It's goodbye for now but you'll visit me later, right?" Johann spoke as he brought his hands up and gently cupped Kallie's face, pressing a kiss on the other's forehead.

"I'm staying at Sammy's place for a few days. If you want to drop by, I'll text you the address." Johann was now in his own clothes, wearing a warm pink t-shirt and jeans with the bag of his daughter's stuff slung over his shoulder. He gestured behind himself, to the parked white car.

There, stood a grinning Samael, donning the all black outfits he seemed to favor. The teen sported a rather suggestive look.

It was akin to one of those flirty looks you'd typically see some teenage girl exchange with the hot bad boy at their school in attempt to attract his attention. (Admit it, you know what I'm talking about.)

Ironically, the golden-haired boy could pass as one, with the amount of chains strapped to his body. Silver chains around his neck, silver chain hooked to his ripped black jeans, silver chains attaching the rings that adorned his left hand together. He was truly one of those 'bad boys'.....

Kallie wasn't trying to throw any shade, especially not as he himself wore strap-on's or chains occasionally, but he wondered who allowed the boy to leave his house like that. Too many chains is a thing, people. Nonetheless, he had to begrudgingly admit that Sammy was still attractive. If you ignored the surplus chains...

Shaking away his thoughts, Kallie turned his gaze back to the expectant jewel blue eyes in front of him. He planted a kiss on his friend's cheek, wrapping his arms around the male in a quick hug. "Of course I'll visit. You guys take care, and I love you."

"Love you too." Johann grinned, before he leaned forward and spontaneously pecked Kallie on the lips. The latter went into a state of shock, only snapping out of it after seeing Johann rush towards his car in a playful manner.

"You-" Kallie followed after him, reaching out a hand to try and grab the fleeing man. Johann pranced away though, avoiding his reach. He gave up rather quickly, watching the other enter his car and lock the door behind him. Crossing his arms, he pouted at Johann who watched through his rolled-up window and let out a loud harrumph. "Fine, then shoo already!"

"See you again, cutie." A voice abruptly whispered into his ear, before Samael walked past him to the car door, in a foolish way similar to his uncle's despite obviously trying for a cooler image. There was an inkling of a doubt in the teen's mind though, as he walked off. But no one would be aware of it for now.

"Goodbye, you big babies, the both of you!" Kallie yelled after him and a resounding giggle escaped from the car's interior as Samael opened it. An actual baby, wearing the cutest bunny onesie Kallie had ever seen, sat inside her booster seat while tapping at the glass window. She was clearly waving, you see, and Kallie naturally did it back before blowing an exaggerated kiss. "And you too, Junnie!"

The car soon drove off, rolling down the paved road peacefully. But it wasn't long before one of the backseat windows rolled down. A golden blonde head peaked out, along with a small baby sized fist shaking in the air. "Don't miss me too much! I'll come by again and-"

Kallie didn't hear the rest of it, as the car had driven far enough away. Not that he was complaining. Kallie seriously wondered where that kid got the guts to act in such a way.

"Hey, so.." Someone began from behind him, though this time not right at his ear. Kallie turned around, finding Rowan standing there on the porch, arms crossed over his blue shirt. "Does he do that often?"