[Chapter 33]: Positively Fortuitous

Kallie heaved, leaning on his knees as he panted for breath. The tantalizing voice was finally out of earshot, causing him to be relaxed. That was until he turned back. Looking into the distance, he noticed that they were still following him, even from blocks away.

He stood there breathlessly, watching the two dot-like figures walk forward, one short and one tall. The latter appeared to be getting dragged by the former, who had a head of pale, silver-grey hair. It didn't seem like they were actively chasing him though, merely walking after him. It wouldn't take long to fully lose them, so Kallie turned back around and continued on his way hurriedly. Although he felt this way, he couldn't underestimate his old friends' sharpness and intuition.

Luckily, the way he ran was close to the park by way of a few twists and turns. That seemed enough to throw the two males off his trail. He dearly couldn't let them know where he lived now. Otherwise there was no escaping them a second time.

Making two consecutive lefts before entering through the east side of the park, Kallie began his trek home. Only minutes late though, he once again picked up the familiar voice behind him. Peeking backwards, there he saw the two he had just run away from wandering around the park yards away.

He truly underestimated their perseverance, to have chased him for almost four blocks. Fallon stood there with a quirk to his dark brows, freckled hand clasped on his boyfriend's. The said boyfriend, stood almost apathetically beside the ash-haired man, donning his usual dark attire with an unlit cigarette hanging off his lips.

Outwardly, Dimitri seemed uncaring, his demeanor a complete contrast with Fallon's anxiousness. But as the Korean raised his free hand to run through his long inky locks, Kallie caught a glimpse of his impatience.

The blonde could tell that Dimitri was just as frustrated with the situation as his boyfriend. And if he wasn't, then Kallie could only be disappointed in himself for having so little affect on the man he'd known for years. At least Fallon was there to visibly display the collective feelings of the two, since more often than not, they both usually felt the same way about the most trifling of matters.

Currently, they were surveying their surroundings, evidently searching for a certain someone. They hadn't noticed him yet though, as they were looking in the opposite direction of his hiding place. This gave him the chance to slip away from the trees beside the fork in the road, going down the right path while the two continued searching the other side. He quickened his pace, delving deeper into Greenery park and heading straight for the Black manor.

After he had speed walked for a good amount of minutes, Kallie finally came across the skate park he had found days prior. Surprisingly, loitering around it was a familiar blonde whom he noticed immediately, hanging out with his buddies which included a recognizable set of twins. With some relief, Kallie made a dash for the group of males.

"Hey, Kallie. What are you doing here?" Having noticed the fast-approaching visitor, Samael smiled with delighted surprise, happy to see his young uncle's friend again. The smile slightly faded when the blonde immediately dove behind him and firmly gripped the back of his shirt.

"Hide me. Hide me quickly!" Kallie desperately whimpered out, hushing his voice down as if afraid Fallon or Dimitri might hear despite being yards away and likely on another path. He tugged on the back of Sammy's dark blue jacket, almost pulling the taller blonde off his feet.

Sammy grew worried at the obvious fear the other was displaying, turning around to casually wrap his arms around the older male. With a concerned look, he patted the other's arm on a calming gesture. "Woah, what's wrong?"

"There's no time. Quick, lend me your jacket." Kallie frantically clasped onto Sammy's jacket, prying it off before he grabbed his own sweater. He pulled the bright purple clothing off, throwing it haphazardly at Sammy.