The end of my journey

July 23rd, 2042

As I lay in my death bed, surrounded by my 3 beautiful children, whom I shared with my late husband of 67 years, There's only one thing I can think of:

Where my best friends are. I've always been curious of the afterlife... not scared, but genuinely curious. John and I were the last ones left, until he died around 6 years ago, at the age of 86.

It had hurt me, of course but I knew he was ready. Him, Roger, and Bri all died peacefully, and that's what I wanted. I didn't want anyone to suffer.

Long before my good friend, Freddie Mercury died, he always stated that when his time is up, he wants to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance, and he sure as hell is, and will always be remembered as that, and so much more.

It's honestly a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up, yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know.

It's like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.

As I lay here, at the age of 93, I realize that life is truly a wonder. It's a privilege to be given something so powerful as life, itself. We never know what we live for until the end finally approaches, and I believe that to the well-organized mind, death is nothing less or more than the next great adventure.

I broke the silence in the room. "I love you all." I told my children, as the light began to approach. I knew what was happening... I was finally approaching death... or should I say death was finally approaching me?

Although there're mistakes that i've made, and moments I wish I could go back and change, i've lived a long and happy life, that definitely went by quick. Too quick, actually...

But just like what a very good friend once told me:

Time waits for no one.

And just like that, with a snap of a finger, and a blink of an eye...

I was gone