Wedding blues...

February 23rd, 1979

"No no no." I spoke into the phone, resting my hand onto my forehead.

"We already paid for the venue, that's the place we want." I told my wedding planner.

I watched as Jimmy opened the fridge and grabbed a beer, and went directly back into the office.

"Brooklynn, I'm doing everything I can, but they paid more... you can still use it, you'll just have to push your wedding date up." Lisa, told me.

"Everything you can? Obviously fucking not!" I shouted.

The line stayed silent. I then let out a sigh. "Lisa, I'm sorry. This is just extremely stressful, especially when I'm practically planning it by myself." I explained.

When it came to planning the wedding events, and the parties, Freddie was on it. Other than that, planning the wedding was something only I did.

Jimmy only went to things he had to go to, and I hated the thought of forcing him to do something that he showed no interest in.

"It's alright Brooklynn, I understand. We'll get you your money back." She told me, sincerely. "Can I call you back?" I asked her, as I felt myself get overwhelmed. "Of course." She responded.

I then hung the phone up, before going into our room, and laying down.

"Hey baby." I heard Jimmy say, as he approached our bed. "Sup." I said, nonchalantly, as he laid down next to me, and kissed my ear.

I shifted away from him- not feeling in an affectionate mood. He scooted closer to me, and planted a kiss on my neck.

"Do you mind?" I asked him, getting up. "What's up with you?" He asked, defensively.

"What's up with me?! I just got off of the phone with our wedding planner, and she told me we'll have to push our wedding date back, since someone else paid a higher price for our venue" I explained.

He just stared at me blankly. "Yeah that's fine." I he said, as if it were nothing.

"Jimmy, no it isn't." I said back. "Why not?" He asked.

"What do you mean why not? That's the wedding date we decided on, we aren't changing it." I argued

"I still don't see the big deal, we both liked the venue, it's not like we can't use it." He argued back.

"No. I'll find another venue." I said, dismissing him completely.

"So I get no say in this?" He asked, raising his voice. I scoffed. "Jimmy, all I've wanted is for you to have some say into our wedding, and at least put your effort, or attention into it!" I shouted.

He just walked out, but I quickly followed behind him. "Any and everything involving the wedding has been planned by ME, Jimmy, ONLY me!" I told him.

He began to put his shoes on. "I'm not doing this with you right now." He said, as he grabbed his jacket.

"LEAVE THEN, LEAVE LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO!" I shouted, before storming out, as I heard the door slam.

Maybe I was overreacting, but I couldn't help it, my hormones have been all over the place, recently.

I've been meaning to get a pregnancy test, I've just been avoiding it.

In all honesty, I'm really scared. What if I am pregnant? It's gonna be hard pulling off a wedding dress with a huge baby bump.

I dialed Freddie's number. It rang twice before I heard a loud "HELLOOO" from Fred.

"Hey Freddie, are you busy?" I asked. I heard a bit of shuffling around.

"No, why?" He questioned. I then lowered my tone of voice.

"I think I'm pregnant." I told him, softly. He let out a small gasp before quickly saying "I'm on the way!" And hanging up.

I put the home phone back, and let out a sigh myself.