Getting the kids down

'Mary?!' I had thought to myself. Who invited her?
Must've been Freddie.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Mary of course, but I know there's gonna be drinking, and when she gets drunk she gets mean... really mean.

"Hi!" She said, with a smile on her face. She was holding a dish.

"I've brought peach cobbler." She said, giggling. "Hey, Mary!" I said, with a smile also on my face.

"Mary, dear!!" Fred shouted, walking in towards us. "You got here just in time, the food's JUST getting done." He finished, hugging her.

I walked in the kitchen as they were having their exchange, and caught eye contact with Jimmy. "Who's that?" He mouthed.

I mouthed back "Mary" and he made an exaggerated cringe face, which caused me to laugh.

"Brooklynn, do you mind getting the kids?" Ronnie asked me. "Not at all." I told her, leaving the kitchen, and making my way up the stairs.

As I was walking, I saw Mary, showing off a Moët and Chandon bottle, which made me sigh.

When I got upstairs, I went straight to the game room, which is where they always go. "KIDS!!!" I shouted, which resulted into giggles.

I then giggled a bit to myself.

I then seen Jimmy come upstairs, to wash his hands, I assume. "Psst!" I called out, and he quickly looked my way.

"They're hiding" i mouthed, and looked over to the room. He caught the hint, and made his was to the door.

I then let out a big sigh. "If only I could find the kids... Oh well" I said, sounding disappointed.

I then heard Louisa's cute giggle, and Jimmy and my eyes both landed in a stack of blankets, that they were obviously hiding under.

I pretended I was walking away, and walked out of the room, as Jimmy stood next to the blankets.

"Do you think she's gone?" I heard a whisper, and at the moment, Jimmy snatched the covers off, while yelling "RAWRRRRR!"

I was laughing hysterically, as the kids screamed.

"YOU GUYS STARTLED ME!" Louisa shouted, in her cute accent.

Jimmy then picked her up.

"Startled?" He questioned her choice of wording, while looking at me.

"Yes. It means scared, uncle Jimmy." She said while rolling her eyes.

His eyes got wide. "And how old are you, again?" He asked her.

"I'll be four soon!" She said, excited.

My heart fluttered as I watched him interacting wig her. He's always wanted a daughter, and I can't wait to give that to him some day.

He sat her down. "Okay kids, it's time to eat." Jimmy said, clasping his hands together.

"Okay, uncle Jimmy." James said, nonchalantly, walking towards him.

"But first..." he said, mischievous.

"GET HIM!" He screamed, pointing his finger at my husband.

All the kids then began to jump on him, while shouting.

I put my hands over my mouth, trying not to burst into laughter, as I watched my husband trying to get 6 children off of him.

"BROOKLYNN?! A LITTLE HELP HERE?!" He shouted to me.

I took a few seconds to catch my breath.

"Okay kids." I said, calmly. This obviously didn't get their attention.

"Kids!" I shouted, loud enough for them to hear me.

Still didn't work.

"Okay." I said to myself.

"KIDS! YOU HAVE FIVE SECONDS TO GET OFF OF YOUR UNCLE, AND GO SIT TO THE DINNER TABLE OR ALL OF YOU ARE GONNA GET IT!" I screamed.

They all hurriedly got up.

Jimmy then got up, and stood next to me. "Thank you, babe" he quickly said, before kissing me on the cheek.

"Even me, auntie Bea?" Louisa asked softly, coming up to us.

"Aww." I said, while picking her up. She laid her head on my shoulder, and Jimmy gave her a glare. I just know she was glaring back.

"But yes, baby... even you." I whispered to her. She audibly gasped. This caused me to chuckle.

"Now let's go eat." I said, walking her down the stairs and to the dining area.