A great sacrafice

I was in a dark space. There were no walls, no ceiling, just a black room. Panicked, I tried to run. It then came to me that there was no point, because it led to no where.

"Brooklynn Anderson." I heard a voice say. I looked around, and no one was to be found. "Uhh, yes?" I said, nervously. "Do not be afraid. I am Hermes." The voice said. It then hit me.

"As in... Mercury?" I replied, still looking around. "Not exactly. Mercury is the messenger of the Greek Gods, I'm the messenger of the Roman god's." He explained.

"Ohh, that makes sense." I told him. "So, is this a dream? Am I dead?" I asked. "you aren't dead. This is more of a proposal." He told me. "Well, I'm flattered" I joked around, trying to release some tension. He didn't find the joke funny.

"I've spoken to Janus. He's the reason why all of this has happened." He said, getting straight to the point. "So you're telling me, out of all the people in the world, he chose me?" I asked, confused. "No, I chose you. I think you're responsible and qualified for something like." He told me.

"Well thank you." I smiled. "Yet, you're in a sticky situation, or whatever humans are saying now a days." He said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Farrokh bulsara has a purpose on this earth. You've changed it." He explained.

"Then why was I even brought back there in the first place?" I asked him. "You didn't belong there. The 21st century wasn't meant for you. Why do you think you got so adjusted there?"

That is a good point. "So why are you here? Thank you for informing me, but Is there something I should know?" I asked, confused. "I know your plan." He told me.

"Psh, what plan?" I bluffed. "You were planning on getting yourself into another coma somehow, and that isn't smart." He explained. I sighed.

"What other choices do I have?" I asked, embarrassed. "That's why I'm here. You have two choices. "You could stay here and let things stay how they are now, or you can go back and have another chance-" I then interrupted him. "Yes, I'd like to do that." I told him, as if it were obvious. "But." He said.

Uh-oh. Buts are never good. He then continued. "You'll have to permanently stay. How you are known on earth now will be wiped away. Your family, friends, and everyone else won't know you like they do now." He told me. That's not too bad. It's better than being in a coma, or leaving out of no where, and causing pain to others because of my absence.

"Okay, I'll do that." I told him. "But." He told me. Again?! "there'll have to be a great sacrifice. It'll change the world." He said. "What is it?" I asked him. "I can't say, if you know then you'll change it, and you can't." He explained. I let out a sigh.

"I understand" I told him. "Just know that this can be the way that you leave your mark on this earth, play your part, and save farrokh." He told me. I thought about it.

"Alright, I'll do it." I told him. "And none of them will know your truth." He added. "Not even Farrokh himself." He told me. "Okay, I understand that." I said.

"Good. When you wake up, you'll have time for yourself. Make it good. Talk to your mother, talk to farrokh, because once you go back to sleep and wake up again, you'll be back in your home, in 1979." He told me

"Okay, that sounds good to me." I told him. "Good." He said. "Thank you." I said, looking around. Even though I couldn't see him, I know he could see me, and the smile on my face.

"No, thank you." He answered, then I felt myself falling. I jerked up once I heard my phone getting a call. I realized that I'm still in the library.

"Hello?" I said groggily. "Brooklynn, Where are you?" I heard my mom's voice. "I'm at the library, I fell asleep after doing a little research." I told her.