Chapter 92 - The River and Ocean

"I heed your call, father." The crown prince kneeled on the steps of the throne while bowing his head respectfully.

"Have you informed the members from the House of Masters about the archduke's request?" He inquired and Asher paused for a second. That's what he was very curious about. The archduke was very adamant in meeting Pier and the headmaster that he was starting to gain an ominous feeling.

As if something wasn't right and an unpleasant event would come.

"I have sent a formal letter towards the headmaster, father. However. I could not locate the young master as of the moment. He hasn't been spotted in his chambers nor in the entire floor itself." That was another thing that Asher was worried about.

Pier kept on disappearing from time to time and no one knew where he went. The first scare was when he disappeared after the ceremony for the dead and the second one was now. Even just for a day, his disappearance created a series of unintended worry amongst the palace.

"Pier have been disappearing a few times now, haven't he?" The king spoke while deep in thought. As if Asher and Henry both were thinking of the same idea.

"Do you know where he goes to?" Henry asked and Asher shook his head. Trying to act clueless about the matter. However, there was something that Asher was speculating.

Fenrir.

Pier was meeting the mysterious man that he could not find in any of the books and records the palace had kept within its libraries. He knew Pier had already warned him not to look for the man named Fenrir but he needed assurance.

That whoever the man was would be good enough for the young master. That he was even greater than any other nobles within the kingdom.

But that would also create problems. There was no one named Fenrir on the kingdom's list no matter how much Asher and the keeper of the records reviewed the books over and over again.

'If Pier were to have that man who isn't a member of the kingdom, he would be exiled and banished from the House of Masters.' He thought and gritted his teeth in anger.

He knew Fenrir would not be a good candidate to become Pier's lover. He would risk the bright future the white-haired noble had as the successor.

"May I ask why the archduke is adamant in meeting Pier and the headmaster, father?" He inquired and Henry halted with his own thoughts when he heard his son's question.

Asher was looking at him with confusion yet there was also the presence of curiosity and desperation for the answer.

He knew his brother, Arthur, had been an aspirant to become the next successor of the throne. Unfortunately, Henry was the first born thus he had a stronger and higher position as the crown prince before Arthur.

Since Henry became the ruler, the previous king had granted the position of an archduke to the second prince and the duke with the royal blood had come into existence.

They were given the place to rule the north. Far beyond the Yuko Boundary and even exceeding the distance of the forbidden region lies the cold north that seemed so desolate and foreign yet was a part of the highly flourishing kingdom.

Arthur's son, Gael, was also taught about his aspirations. It seemed like the archduke had passed on his desires to rule the throne towards his son who also constantly bothers Asher when he got the chance.

Of course, Henry could not interfere with their competition for the throne. Gael had royal blood as well as the rights to inherit the throne after Asher and Nicholas.