Chapter 93 - A Sword's Path

"Young master, you're here..." Gideon cried in his arms and Pier softly patted the knight's hair.

"I was worried. So worried." He clutched Pier's clothes as Gideon completely kneeled on the sand. Tears continued to flow from his eyes while he felt the warmth and calmness Pier was giving him.

What could even be better than finding the place where you are supposed to be? Gideon could not think of anything else than being by the young master's side.

"I... I tried to look everywhere for you, young master!" He wailed like a child in the arms of his master.

It was the only place where Gideon could show how vulnerable he was. Pier was the only person he trusted enough that he was at ease with him whenever and wherever.

"I was very worried that you might be hurt again... that you were having a hard time..." He continued to speak as he held Pier's hand tighter.

"Young master, I'm sorry. I wasn't able to be by your side while you were experiencing all of those!" He spoke and buried his face in Pier's clothes. The young master's sweet and tranquil scent that put him in serenity was creating waves of memories within the knight's mind.

Gideon could not fully grasp the thought of Pier being here. Right in front of him consoling him. However, despite his hesitations and doubt, Gideon still felt his entire self being lifted within the clouds.

In the eye of the storm he was facing, the young master stood and became the peace Gideon needed. He did not know anymore.

"I'm here... I'm here." Pier repeatedly spoke as he himself also wanted to cry after finally seeing Gideon well.

"Everything's going to be alright now, Gideon." He rubbed the knight's back but that did not seem to console Gideon as he cried even louder. Like a child who was lost, he finally found his home. That's what all that matters to him right now.

"Lift your head, my knight." Pier softly spoke and Gideon followed so. His disheveled hair and puffy eyes met with the pacific eyes.

Gideon sniffed as he was staring at Pier like a puppy.

"Young master, I missed you!" He clutched the hem of Pier's suit and rubbed his cheeks on the young master's clothes.

"Raise yourself." Gideon followed again.

There was no one else who could command him nor tell him what to do.

Only the young master.

The white-haired noble alone could tell him to die and Gideon would willingly do so. He was adamant in making Pier's every word into reality.

The difference on their heights once more could be seen. Gideon was just as how Pier had remembered him to be. A quickly transitioning knight that seemed to develop his body further into masculinity the as time passed by.

He was towering over Pier even though the noble had a considerable height too.

Gideon sniffled again and cleared the tears that were brimming from his eyes. He held Pier's hand still while not wanting to let go.

"Young master... p-please let me hold your hand still." He requested and lowered his head again.

He wanted to feel the soft and immaculate hands that did not have any form of blemishes. Gideon desired to hold the hand that constantly pulled him from the depth of danger.

"You may." Pier chuckled as Gideon still was pouting sadly.

"Where... Where have you been, young master. I had been looking for you since I woke up." He whispered sadly. The tears trying to come out of his eyes again.