Chapter 99 - Chaos and Havoc

Sometimes, we are enamored by the idea of a perfect lover who does everything for their partners and are a good ruler towards their people.

We stand by the ideology that someone must be devoted and benevolent at the same time. These standards do exist. There are those who stand by the light of goodwill and bathe upon mercy.

But it wasn't the case for him.

"Tsk." He clicked his tongue as the last soul dissipated into nothingness.

"Even in the afterlife, you are still truthful towards your duties." They do not want to be under his command.

"Should I just kill a few vampires at the kingdom and turn them into Pier's guards?" Ciaran asked himself as he stood up from his crouching position. He kicked off the body of the shadow that worked for the House of Masters and it rolled quite distance.

Psychopathic as it may seem yet for a vampire prince who carried the weight of a thousand for the past two decades, it was close to nothing. It was lacking compared to what the white-haired noble had done for him.

As a matter of fact, he was even more than willing to kill those he ruled just so he could create a few guards that would not disobey him even at the direst times.

This wasn't a fairytale story found in books and novels. It was the reality that people have to open their eyes in. That the world is cruel, that no one can truly be called as the epitome of goodwill.

He did not trust anyone except for Pier. Even his own kin cannot gain the trust he harbors for the white-haired noble.

"I cannot kill that knight either. Too bad, he was extremely powerful." A faint reddish glow appeared on Ciaran's eyes as he thought about the knight he witnessed earlier.

The king was astounded at how powerful the human knight had become after his slumber that he was itching to turn him into one of his shadows and protect Pier.

"He's just like me." He laughed at the idea while opening his hands. Right in front of him was the undergoing construction of the new mansion for the House of Masters.

Even though they completely had different perspectives in life, he found himself and Gideon to be somewhat alike.

Their devotion towards Pier seems to know no boundaries. It was deep and unfathomable to the point it was concerning enough.

"Maybe I'll turn him into one when he dies an unfortunate circumstance." Smirking, he spoke a small chant and another dark magic circle formed at the ground he was standing on.

"Rise from my void." And at the command, thousands of screeching souls started to creep out from the black magic circle.

Each and every one looked sinister.

As one came out from his mountain of prison, the ground shook violently.

"Destroy what's in front of you." And in an instant, Ciaran's shadows charged towards the still constructing mansion.

There was no reason for him to hold back any longer.

No servants that were truthful towards Pier were housed in the place. They all died along the bombing.

Ciaran watched with sinister eyes as the mansion was destroyed by his shadows. Every piece of wood and wall came crumbling down like it was the softest material under the strength of those that destroyed it.

It only took him an entire minute to make the structure fall. Not even the headmaster who was staying at the palace would be able to react at its speed of destruction.