Chapter 118 - Checkers

The entire kingdom was in chaos.

Whispers of words about the enemy's attacks have been circulating wherever you go. It was a complete catastrophe.

Eye witnesses have spoken about what they saw during the southern wall's breach.

One single attack.

All it took was one magical spell from the camouflaged enemies within the thick fog for them to destroy a wall that had been guarding the kingdom for hundreds of years.

It shook the entire kingdom to the core. They couldn't believe what they have just seen.

Knights and mages guarding the walls were trembling in fear after witnessing the destructive force that single attack did.

Accounts have spoken how their life flashed before their eyes as the raging light rushed from a far away distance until it crashed to the walls.

But there was also one thing that the witnesses have spoken of. They would've died if it weren't for one kingdom.

Kingdom of Mir.

An unknown savior have jumped in harm's way to save them from the calamity that encapsuled the walls.

They still remembered what the mysterious person said.

'The Kingdom of Mir will not protect you for the second time unless an alliance is formed'.

That alerted all of them and allowed them to know the presence of a newly found kingdom from an unknown place.

But they were not risking the alliance for any more doubts.

The Taron Kingdom was strong. It was only below an empire and was strongest amongst any kingdoms in the Eastern Continent but if they were to face enemies that could destroy their kingdom's sturdiest walls in a single attack, it was an enormous threat.

It was all too sudden.

Maybe if Taron was able to oversee the upcoming disaster, they might have had the ample preparations for the attack. However, it occurred in a split moment.

The assailants destroyed the walls and disappeared right after.

"Accept the request of alliance from the Heron Kingdom!" The king ordered and his attendants took note of his announcements.

But what about the other one?

"Your majesty, are we not going to accept the offer of allegiance from the Kingdom of Mir?" Another spoke and King Henry paused for a second.

It was now an all-out war.

The Empire of the North attacked them first which means one certain thing;

Taron Kingdom who had been silent through the dispute of Belmaid and the Empire of the North will participate in the battle of territories.

King Henry observed the letter in his hand for a handful minutes before sighing;

"Accept the offer of allegiance from the Kingdom of Mir." He spoke before sitting in the throne once more.

There were many things running through his mind.

The most concerning was the kingdom mentioned just now.

The Kingdom of Mir was an unknown entity amongst other territories in the Southern Continent but they were already showing great capabilities.

'It couldn't be them who launched the attack since all witnesses have spoken about seeing the crest of the North's Empire in the enemy's clothes.' He rubbed his temples and leaned in to rest.