44.

Sal's POV

I was surrounded by water.

Suddenly I felt as if I couldn't breath. I struggled to swim to the surface. I tried screaming and kicking myself upwards, anything that could have saved me.

Everything went dark.

I looked around and couldn't see anything but the endless void.

"Hello?"

It echoed.

"Please somebody help me!"

I fell to my knees and cried.

"Sal?"

I looked up quickly and saw my mother.

"Mom?"

"Oh my dear son"

She went to grab me into a hug but when I looked at her again her face was disarranged and blurry.

I screamed.

———

I shot up from my bed and breathed heavily.

I tried concentrating on my breathing to try and slow it.

"Sal?"

I looked beside me and saw Travis was awake.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up."

He sat up and turned on his lamp.

"It's alright, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Just another dumb nightmare."

He smiled sympathetically. I scooted towards him and hugged onto him. He quickly accepted the embrace and wrapped his arms around me.

"Wanna talk about it?"

I nodded and explained what the nightmare was about. He just hummed in response as I rambled on.

"I'm sorry, that must have felt so real."

"It did"

He put my hair behind my ear and caressed my face. He kissed my head and held me closer.

I quickly started feeling more relaxed and my breathing slowed.

———

The next morning I woke up practically clinging onto travis. My arms were wrapped around his neck and our legs were intertwined.

"Good morning"

I looked up at travis and smiled.

"Good morning"

I leaned up and kissed him.

"I wanna go back to sleep"

He laughed

"Well I as much as I would love to stay in bed with you all day, we have to go to ash's gender reveal."

"Aw I forgot about that"

"We still have a couple more hour's"

"Well in that case I'm staying in bed"

I let go of him and snuggled myself into the blankets. I stared up at the ceiling.

"Sal"

"Hm?"

"Are you feeling better?"

"What do you mean?"

"Remember you woke up scared last night because of a nightmare."

"Oh I totally forgot."

I thought back to it, Unfortunately it sorta faded from my mind.

"I mean i feel alright and I'm not shooken up still. I actually forgot what it even was about."

"Good, sorry if I wasn't much comfort. I was confused and exhausted."

"It's alright you have nothing to apologize for. You did what you could in the moment."

I turned to face him and he was also staring at the ceiling. He looked lost in thought.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Just stuff."

"What kind of stuff"

"I got a call the other night from the ministry, they said they want me to fly back to nockfell for a day or so."

"For what?"

"I'm guessing something to do with financial stuff or my father."

"When will you be leaving?"

"They said as soon as possible so I'm thinking tomorrow."

I thought for a moment. I didn't want him to leave me alone. I mean sure I have my friends but this would be the first time in two years me and Travis would be separated. Call me desperate but I honestly can't imagine what it would be like without him here.

I know he said it wouldn't be long only for a day or something but still.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Trust me I don't want to go but I rather just get it over with. Hell I might just close down the ministry in all honesty."

"I mean I don't blame you but why would you do that?"

"I didn't really wanna keep it open but I figured closing it down would make people go bizerk"

"True, their crazy about religion there. I mean I'm not blaming them they can believe whatever."

He hummed in response.

"I'll support whatever decision you make, just be safe please and call to check in or Atleast text me."

"I will but for today let's not worry about it and just enjoy our time."

"I like the sound of that."

——Time Skip——

We went over to Larry and ash's place to help set up. Didn't take long since they didn't really want a big event.

It basically was just gonna be the six of us.

I was excited for them two. Ash always wanted to have a mini her. Larry didn't ever really talk about kids but he mentioned a few times how cool it would be to have a son or daughter to teach art to.

"So Sal what do you think the genders gonna be"

"Yes"

"What?"

"Oh uh sorry I meant girl."

"Travis?"

"Boy"

"I'm on team girl"

Ash walked out of the hallway

"I'm on team boy"

"Guess me and Sal are the only right people in the room."

Ash just rolled her eyes.

"Well we will find out soon."

——Author Note——
Hey everyone thank you so much for being patient!

I'm sorry for the slow updates, it's been a pretty wild month.

I hope everyone has an amazing day/night and please remember to drink water or eat something

Thank you for the love and support It honestly means the world to me!

I'll see you in the next chapter! :]