Part 9

When I pulled my room door and a sudden noise disturbed me. My phone!!

Itachi: “Sasuke is that you?” That voice, a voice I feared to hear. My body become numb when I heard that intimidating voice filled with love and concern. I am suffocating please throw the phone away. My hand couldn’t move like I am paralyzed.

Itachi: “Sasuke? Brother? Are you ok?” He spoke again I regain my senses. 

Sasuke: “How did you find it out?” I spoke harshly and coldly but I am starting to tremble. 

Itachi: “Where have you been Sasuke? Mother is so worried about you.” ‘What about father?’ I wanted to ask him but my lips were sealed. 

[Sasuke’s Flashback.] {General’s POV}

Sasuke’s face became red as a harsh slap was drawn toward his face. He stood there with no emotion in his eyes, his heart being squeezed tight. The man who held his hands and tried to control his life was no other than his father. His mother ran out of the kitchen and tried to help her youngest son to escape her husband’s grip while Itachi tried to calm Fugaku. 

Fugaku: “What use do you have?” The father hissed at his son. “For company sake can you not even marry her?” Fugaku looked at his emotionless son. Today, he was offered an engagement from a clan. It was the perfect opportunity for his company to expand. Yet this son of him denied.

Sasuke: “No, I don’t want to marry someone that I don’t know.” Sasuke straightened his back and glared at his own father who is trying to take his future away. He will never let anyone do that to him. 

Fugaku: “You little brat!!” Fugaku became more furious as the seconds pass. “If you can’t do it then, get out of my house.” He landed another slap on his youngest son while his wife stood there frozen.

Itachi: “Father, please.” Itachi tried to make his father pleased but to no avail. Sasuke gave a chill laugh which caused others shocked. 

Sasuke: “I will think about that father.” He started walking away and went upstairs to his room followed by his mother.

Mikoto: “Sasuke, dear. Please open the door.” The female Uchiha knocked on the door softly. After several knocks, the door clicked open to see his beloved son’s face. 

Sasuke: “It’s late mother, you should have some sleep. I am okay, father is just drunk.” He scoffed and his cheeks stung. Mikoto was shocked at his son's expression. The one who used to let his mother in happily with a grin on his face is showing no emotion on his face with dead eyes. 

Mitoko: “I am sorry, dear.” She looked at his son who is in his 15. All these 15 years she spent, she would see a happy, energetic and lovely child but the one standing in front of her changed into a different person. ‘What did her husband do to her son?’ She was afraid to see this cold Sasuke.

Sasuke: “Mother, I am really okay.” Mikoto let out a relieved sigh when she saw his son smiling and believed that he was just mad. She nodded and gave Sasuke space. 

Who will expect that Sasuke will actually leave without saying Goodbye?

[End of his flashback.] [Back to Sasuke’s POV]

Sasuke: “Tsk.”

 I want to stop this conversation and throw the phone away to forget my nightmares but my hands aren’t moving. 

Itachi: “Sasuke, we miss you.” He pleaded and tried to convince me.

Sasuke: “Goodbye. I quickly hang up not giving him a chance to talk back.”   
 I threw the phone on the bed and grabbed a pair of Pajama following my feet toward Bath’s room door.     
     I breathed in and out slowly and started to recall what happened today. First, I encountered her. At the mention of her, my lips formed a smile. Her small figure, her silky indigo hair like his mother, her pale orbs with long lashes, her natural glossy lips, her rosy cheeks, the way she walked. Everything replayed in my mind. I can feel I am feeling better and sink into the bathtub more to feel warm water brushing against my skin.    
     I can still see the genuine smile she showed while eating those rice balls, toward the orphans. She is cold yet warm, looks heartless yet caring. Damn!! I cursed inwardly and started to get out of the bath. A long shower can really wash off the stress. I thought to myself but I wasn’t sure. ‘Was it her or was it the bath that made his sour mood sweet?’ I shrug my shoulders as I enter the elevator to go downstairs. I grabbed a beer can and opened the television changing channels to find something interesting.

(Sasuke's Living room!)

[Let’s go to Hinata.]  

As I came into my house, the little creature greeted me with ‘Meow’ I gave it a pat on its head and entered the Kitchen to change the light bulb. “Done.” I dusted my hands and started to go out for groceries as I am running out of food. I locked the door and went out to the nearest convenience store. I entered the shop quickly as it is evening. I grabbed some milk, Swiss rolls, instant ramen packs, some curry, and a mocha ice cream. I placed them on the counter. 
   I let out a gasp when I couldn’t find my purse. Oh my god, I am so stupid, I left it in the kitchen!!! I place palmed myself and started to apologize before I saw a pale arm handsome money to the worker. I looked up to the man with my usual cold expression to see someone familiar. 

Itachi: “Please take this.”