Part 33

"I'm home." Mikoto smiled and rushed toward the voice to welcome her son. The cloth she held fell on the floor and she gasped at what she saw. Tears well up in her eyes and she couldn't move as she was shocked and petrified.

Mikoto: "Sasuke..."

...The young raven rubbed the back of his neck as it was awkward for him.

Sasuke: "It's been a long time mother." His eyes widened when his mother ran to him and hugged him tightly.

Mikoto: "Where w-were you all the time? Mother was w-worry about you." Sasuke's lips curved into a smile as he returned the hug from his mother.

Sasuke: "I'm sorry mother." Sasuke patted the back of his mother who is crying and mumbling between hiccups.

Fugaku: "Sasuke? Are you Sasuke?" Sasuke flinched and his face darken at the voice. Mikoto has broken the hug and wiped her tears although her sobs haven't subsided yet.

Sasuke: "Yes, it's me." Sasuke said coldly while glaring at the figure who was shocked and standing in the doorway.

Mikoto: "Dear, your promise." The female Uchiha whispered softly toward Fugaku who took a deep sigh.

Fugaku: "Sasuke, I'm sorry for forcing you at that time. I have regretted it and I hope you can forgive me." Sasuke's eyes widened when he saw Fugaku bowing at him. Being an Uchiha means their pride is everything when money comes second. Sasuke felt euphoria when his father apologized to him despite being an Uchiha.

Sasuke: "Please. I have forgiven father before I step into this compound." Mikoto felt teary as she saw her little baby has become more mature.

Itachi: "Sasuke!!!!" Sasuke flinched as a loud voice echoed through the living room. Mikoto and Fugaku laughed as Sasuke fell down when Itachi ran into him intending to hug him.

Sasuke: "Baka Aniki!! Get off me!!" Sasuke pushed his brother's face away while supporting his body with his right arm.

Itachi: "I missed you so much, foolish little brother. It's boring not to see your grumpy face." The older brother said enthusiastically while the younger one frowned and struggled to get up.

Sasuke: "You just miss me to tease me. Get off. You are heavy." Mikoto looked at Fugaku happily by looking at her two sons when the father replied with his smile even though he is not the one to show his emotions. In these two years when Sasuke was gone, Fugaku realized that family should be prioritized first.

Itachi: "So, why are you here for?" After dusting his clothes off Itachi asked him with a teasing smile as he knew the reason why he is here.

Sasuke: "To meet my family what for?" Sasuke glared at his excited brother which look annoying to him.

Mikoto: "Itachi stop teasing him. Dear, go change your clothes. Sasuke you are staying here for dinner. I'm not taking no for the answer." The male Uchihas complied with the housewife's orders and went to their business.

...Fugaku went to his room and took a bath while Itachi did the same. Mikoto wore the happiest smile as Sasuke sat down on one of the sofas comfortably.

Mikoto: "look at you, you have grown up so much." Sasuke gave a slight nod at his mother's statement. When he left the house, he was 14 so he was just a child. Now he's 16 and he has turned into a young man.

Mikoto: "You have gotten cuter aren't you? I bet a lot of girls want you now." Mikoto teased her son as she knew Sasuke hates it when someone mentions him as 'cute'

Sasuke: "Mom, I'm a man. At least use handsome." Sasuke's pouted slightly making Mikoto giggle.

Mikoto: "Oops, my bad. You are taller than your mom now. Didn't my little baby miss me?" Mikoto cooed making Sasuke embarrassed.

Sasuke: "I did." No matter how cold or harsh Sasuke is, he would act like a kid when he is with his mother. Right now, he is sulking and trying to throw a tantrum as his mother called him little baby.

Itachi: "Mom, do you think Sasuke has a girlfriend?" Itachi came out from his room after changing into home wear clothes and hid behind Mikoto like a kid as Sasuke glared at him.

Mikoto: "Itachi is right. When you are going to introduce your girlfriend to mother?" The Uchiha family was chatting normally like Sasuke didn't leave this house for 2 years.

Sasuke: "I don't have one mother." As much as his heart wanted to mention Hinata's name, he has to resist as she is not his girlfriend. Not yet, he will make her his but the raven was a bit hesitant to approach her as she isn't unlike other girls.

Itachi: "Do you have anyone in your mind?" Itachi and Mikoto smiled amusedly as a blush on Sasuke's face appeared.

Sasuke: "Hn." Even though his voice was cold, the nervousness was quite obvious.

Mikoto: "Bring her here. Mother wants to meet her." Mikoto patted Sasuke's shoulder trying to assure him that she won't do anything to her.

Sasuke: "Isn't it too soon?"

Mikoto: "Mom wants to know about the girl that my son is interested in." Before Sasuke could protest, Itachi barged in.

Itachi: "She is a good girl." Sasuke's eyebrows furrowed as Itachi spoke.

Mikoto: "Really?"

Itachi: "Mhm, she is hardworking and has good grades at school and gets scholarships every year." Sasuke could have sewed his brother's mouth if his mother wasn't here.

Mikoto: "If Itachi says a girl is good, I think mother has no objection."

Itachi: "She is quite beautiful too." Mikoto clearly felt anger directed at Itachi from Sasuke who is burning with jealousy when Itachi said his crush is beautiful. She thought it was cute to see her son like this.

Sasuke: "How do you know about her?" Sasuke growled.

Itachi: "I'm an Uchiha little brother. Your brother to be precise. Where did your smart brain go? Oh, it must be filled with a girl named Hinata Hyu..." Before Itachi could finish his sentence, Sasuke launched at Itachi who dodged it quickly. They started exchanging punches and kicks but none of them get injured seriously. While bickering, Itachi would smile, laugh, and tease Sasuke who would hiss, growl and feel annoyed at his brother.

Fugaku: "I sometimes doubt that they are adults now. Itachi, Sasuke it's time for dinner." Sasuke scoffed and pushed his brother away who tried to ruffle his hair while Mikoto pulled Sasuke to the dining room.

......The family had the best dinner as the missing member has returned. The house has been dry since Sasuke left as Mikoto would cry thinking about Sasuke when Itachi and Fugaku keep themselves busy at work. They felt the hole in their heart was filled again when they finally see Sasuke's grumpy face and his scoff. They started catching up about their lives mainly Sasuke but the youngest Uchiha would lose focus sometimes as he was worried about certain someone.

......Hinata was smiling faintly as she remembered that Sasuke promised her to return to his house. She knows how it feels not to have someone who welcome you back when you got back home. She wanted him to forgive his father and throw his pride away and meet them before he could never see them again. She giggled as the kitten started to play with the yarn ball that was lying on the floor.

Her lavenders eyes wandered to the clothing in her hand. The friction of the red scarf was knitted neatly and by looking at the scarf she made, Hinata feels happy whenever she imagines Sasuke's wearing it. She pressed her smooth hand on her left chest feeling the heartbeat that was moving fast.

Hinata: "Thank you for making me feel loved again Uchiha-san."

=================================================

Thank you guys for waiting for me to upload and voting my chapters. It always makes me feel pleased and happy when I remember there is someone who is waiting for my new chapter. For the authors, the fans are our biggest encouragement and your support keeps me going even though I lose the will to write sometimes. Thanks!! 😊💖

16/3/2022