Part 20

Will she be happier if she knows Sasuke paid the rent for her house for 5 months?

…The raven furrowed his eyebrows as his phone rang. He rolled his eyes and picked up the phone where the screen showed “Dobe.”

Naruto: “Teme!!” Sasuke even moved his phone further from his ears as Naruto shouted.

Sasuke: “Don’t shout idiot”. An awkward chuckle from Naruto made Sasuke roll his eyes.

Naruto: “Anyway, Neji is looking for you. Where have you been all day?” Sasuke completely forgot about the gathering in the gang today.

Sasuke: “I will be there in a minute.” Sasuke dodged the second question intentionally and without giving Naruto a chance to talk back. Sasuke started his car engine and rushed to his gang.

[A few minutes later.]

…….As a car stopped in front of an abandoned building, people inside the building stared at the car with eyes as sharp as an eagle. A handsome man with raven hair got out of the car and walked toward the building with no fear. As the man figure became clearer, a guy with blond hair rushed toward the raven man.

Naruto: “Teme, where have you been all day?” The Uzumaki wrapped his arm around the Uchiha’s neck and showed his bright grin as usual.

Sasuke: “Nowhere.” If only Sasuke told that he was at the orphanage, moreover with Hinata, this idiot will assume things and will laugh at him and will even spread rumors. So, hiding is the best way for him.

Naruto: “Man, so mean.” Naruto pouted but Sasuke didn’t pay attention as he lit up the cigarette.

Kiba: “Sasuke, Naruto, come quick. Neji is waiting.”

……Sasuke nodded and walked faster while his friend talked nonsense. As Kiba, Naruto, and Sasuke entered the second floor, all the eyes turned to them. There was a man with a tall figure, broad shoulders, brown hair tied with a hairpin near the end, and white eyes shining like a diamond which can scare most of the people, not to mention his cold and deep voice and intimidating aura which make people afraid of him.

Neji: “Uchiha, take a seat.” Sasuke took a glance and saw Shikamaru, Shino, Lee, Choji and Akatsuki members along with Pain. Also, some people that he doesn’t know. Sasuke sat near Naruto while Neji and Pain sat at the head of the long table.

Neji: “We have a mission.” As Neji spoke, nobody dared to interrupt as his stoic voice echoed through the room sending shivers down people's spines. “There are kidnapping cases happening around Suna and we need to find the culprit and save the victims. Pain, if you please.”

Pain: “The only information we have is most of the victims are women. It leads to human trafficking and most of them are from a rich families. The location will be sent to each of you. 

{Note: Itachi is not in Akatsuki as well as Konan because she is taking care of orphans.}

“Why do I have to do the trivial things? I refuse.” Neji looked at the man with calm eyes who dared to comply with his plan.

Neji: “We do it because Leader told us to.” The man who denied didn’t seem to be please with the answer. 

 “So, where is that leader? Why didn’t he show up? Is he a coward?” Neji frowned after hearing his mocking voice and tried to calm himself because the man was drunk. 

……Not only Naruto but also Sasuke wondered who the leader was but couldn’t find a clue. All they know was, they have to do missions that people request and they get money. Well for Sasuke and Naruto even though they don’t need the money, they joined this gang because of their boredom. 

Neji: “Who let that bug join this organization?”

……His voice contained a bit of anger and it made people uneasy. Neji is good at material art not to mention he is also wise and most experienced. He was appointed as a temporary leader as the “Legendary Sapphire” has passed away who is respected by many. 

……Sasuke caught a glimpse of the lady who created this group once. Even though it was far, Sasuke could tell her eyes that represent the Hyuuga bloodline look fierce. She wasn’t an ordinary woman, Sasuke could say that by looking at her posture, her walking style that looked proud and she was like a queen. Sasuke could never forget those pairs of eyes that made him shiver. 

“Don’t act like you are fucking king just because you are good at fighting asshole. I can beat you up any minute.” Neji looked calm as usual while the man pulled out a knife making others flinch except Pain, Neji, Sasuke, and Naruto. The man ran toward Neji will full speed while gripping his knife. People were shocked to see the reckless move of the man who is drunk. 

‘Drip’ ‘Drip’ ‘Drip’

As the blood touched the carpet, a groan escaped and people watched in horror at those twos. 

‘Thud’

……A loud thud was heard when an unconscious body hit the ground making the atmosphere tense. It seems that Neji dodged the swing and hit the man’s abdomen with his knees perfectly making the man vomit blood. On Hyuuga’s face, there wasn’t a single emotion and that made people more afraid of him. Neji pushed the body and it fell to the ground while his knife dropped away. 

Neji: “Remember, the purpose of this gang is to help citizens, not horse around and fight for nonsense.” Yes, Sasuke knew that very clearly but Neji permitted them to fight back or accept the challenges of other gangs when there aren’t missions. Without complaining everyone agreed. 

Neji: “Pain, please send them instructions to each of them.” A notification popped up on Sasuke’s screen and his job was to stall the servants who work under the culprit along with Neji, Naruto, and a few others while Pain and the Akatsuki rescue the hostages. 

Neji: “You are dismissed.” Everyone started to leave the room and Sasuke had a frown on his handsome face as Naruto keep nagging him to sleep over at Sasuke’s house. Sasuke didn’t hear Naruto’s whining as he distracted himself by thinking about a certain girl.

[To Hinata.]

……Hinata has been studying after he got a day off unexpectedly. The doorbell rang twice making the girl alert as there weren’t many visitors to her house. With caution, she slowly approached the door and opened it to see a certain man with obsidians eyes. 

“I am sorry for my sudden visit without informing…”

=====================

Sorry for Late update.

28/2/2022