Chapter 56: Rightfully Mine

Nobody's POV:

With The Rengoku Family...

The Rengoku family were in a small town that had a beautiful lake. Shinjuro and Ruka were sitting on a bench admiring the clear water while Kyojuro was giving Senjuro a piggyback ride while the two were laughing. As Ruka was about to ask Shinjuro if he wanted to grab coffee together.

*ring ring*

Shinjuro's phone was ringing, which he checked only to be a little surprised.

"What's wrong, dear?" Ruka asked.

"Kumeno is calling me." Shinjuro replied and answered the call.

S: Kumeno?
M: CHIEF SHINJURO!!!
S: Whoa whoa, what's the problem?
M: There was a bomb that went off and two friends of mine has disappeared after the bombing!
S: Are you serious!?!
M: Yes! I've contacted the others who are still on patrol. I've even called a former cop to help is. But we need you to lead us.
S: Okay, but first I need to know where of all this is happening?
M: In Paraiso city.
S: Okay, I'll be there as soon as possible.
M: Okay! (Hangs up)

After the call, Ruka hearing and seeing Shinjuro expressions just made her a little worried.

"Did something happen, Shinjuro?" Ruka asked.

"I'm sorry, Ruka. But I gotta go. There was a bomb that have been set off in Paraiso." Shinjuro answered and Ruka just covered her mouth out of shock.

"H-How awful!" Ruka exclaimed.

"I know, and I'm sorry that I have to leave." Shinjuro said and Ruka then cupped his cheeks.

"It's alright, it's important to protect the innocent, just promise that you will come back." Ruka looked at him with worry.

"I will." Shinjuro said and gave her a peck on the lips.

With that, Shinjuro bid his farewells to Ruka and his sons.

________________________________________________________

In the hospital of Paraiso...

After the bombing incident, the ambulance quickly came to Uzui's aid and sent him to the hospital as fast as possible. After that, Uzui was receiving some serious medical support, in fact he was the one with the most priorities. Although most of the people in Kanae's group were in the hospital, the only one's who were elsewhere were Sanemi and Masachika and the two were in the police station of Paraiso. The people who were crying the most were Shinobu, Tanjiro, Tsutako and Uzui's wives.

"Shinobu..." Kanae uttered, but she didn't respond.

"Here, it's not much but it's something." Kanao gave Tanjiro some tissues.

Zenitsu and Muichiro couldn't help but feel guilty since they promised Tanjiro that they would protect Nezuko, but failed. Sabito and Makomo sat next to Tsutako, and Makomo just slowly rubbed her hand against Tsutako's back.

"Who would do such a thing, and why?" Makomo asked.

"I don't know, but whoever did this is someone we might know since they kidnapped Giyu and Nezuko." Sabito said.

As they all were just waiting, someone came into the hospital, and little they know.

"INOSUKE!?!" It was Kotoha.

Everyone immediately turned to see who it was and the kids were shocked to Inosuke's mum in Paraiso.

"Mum!?! What are you doing here!?! I thought you were at home!?" Inosuke exclaimed, and Kotoha ran to him and gave him a hug.