Love your family

"Let's see, I know for sure Harumin, Matsuri and Nene can make it. Shirapon said she'll try. Sara and Nina claimed they'll be there no matter what. Kana and Manami said they'd love to come to show support. Then for your list there's Himeko and Kayo, which she'll most likely bring Harumins' sister so that's another person. Then Gramps, Mama and Papa, so I guess around 14 people not counting us if we don't let anyone else bring a plus one." Yuzu said while Mei wrote down the guest list.

"Yuzu....are you sure you want Manami and Kana to attend our wedding? I'm aware you've rekindled with them but after what happened I wouldn't exactly be upset if they didn't come." Mei told her fiancé.

"Yeah....I'm sure," Yuzu said as she took her fiancés' hand, "I mean sure what they said made me feel bad but they've apologized and even want to support us. I think it's worth a shot."

"Alright," Mei sighed and smiled at her lover, "you win, if you want them to come I have no objections."

"Thanks Mei," Yuzu said with a smile of her own while looking over their guest list, "Huh."

"What is it?" Mei asked her fiancé.

"I'm just now realizing that we don't have much actual family coming. Like there's Mama, Papa and gramps and that's it." Yuzu said in her own surprise.

"Well.....you can invite Mothers' parents if you'd like, I wouldn't be opposed to meeting them." Mei suggested.

"Yeaaah I don't think that's a good idea," Yuzu said with a nervous chuckle, "they aren't exactly fond of us."

"Huh? What do you mean, Yuzu?" Mei said out of shock. "If they are anything like Mother than of course they'd be fond of you."

"Thanks but....," Yuzu said and have her lover a sad smile, "You see, they weren't a fan of my Papa. My birth Papa that is. Mama says he was a great man who truly cared about us but her parents didn't see it that way. They never liked him, I was told whenever he was even mentioned a fight would break out. To them he was nothing more than hopeless dreamer, not going anywhere in life." Yuzus continued.

"When Mama told them she was gonna have me they were livid. 'Don't throw you life away all for a man with no future' they told her. For months they went at it, fighting about Mama having me....so when I was born they kinda completely disowned us entirely......I don't actually remember ever meeting them myself."

Mei couldn't help but hug her lover and cut in, "Yuzu...I'm so sorry. That's terrible."

"Thanks Mei," Yuzu said actually smiling at the hug while returning it. "At least that's what Mama told me, can't exactly prove her wrong but I believe her. As far as my Papas' parents go they passed not long after I was born."

"I had no idea....," Meis' demeanor saddened, "I feel bad for Mother."

"Don't. She said she's fine with everything that happened. I'm sure she'd say 'I got my beautiful girls and my husband, that's all the family I need'." Yuzu said in an attempt to sound like Ume.

"I supposed she would," Mei let out a small chuckle at her lovers attempt to impersonate their mother, "our mother certainly loves us."

"Our mother......," Yuzu thought while starring at their invite list. "Hey, Mei? Why don't we invite your mom?"

Mei blinked in confusion at the statement, "what do you mean? Mother is coming."

"Not OUR mom, YOUR mom. Ya know the one Papa was married to. My soon to be mother in law," Yuzu rambled.

"Yuzu..," Meis demeanor dropped again, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not? If it's really that bad we can forget about the whole idea," Yuzu smiled and squeezed her lovers hand.