Home is where you are

Text
"Alright Yuzuko you're all set!" Dr.Shinamuni said after cutting off Yuzus' arm cast.

"Wow, thanks Atsuko!" Yuzu smiled at her doctor. Over the course of their visits, Yuzus' doctor Atsuko had told her she'd prefer to be spoken to in not such a formal manner. This didn't stop Mei, who couldn't break old habits.

"Feels good to be able to....," Yuzu said as she hopped off her chair and instantly collapsed.

"Yuzu!!" Mei screamed with tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm okay I'm okay," Yuzu said rubbing her hurt arm, "I just didn't expect to fall." She added a chuckle.

"You need to be careful.....please," Mei whispered that last part.

"Yuzuko," Atsuko said while laughing, "your legs haven't been used in 2 months. It's gonna take some adjusting. Now, you can do physical rehab here or you can give it time and just be careful while you walk...and don't jump down anywhere."

"I'll be more careful," Yuzu gave a nervous chuckle, "finally going back to school tomorrow, gotta not fall everywhere ya know?"

"Yeah that'd probably help," Atsuko smiled at the girl. After saying their goodbyes, the married couple to be made their way to a lunch with Ume and April.

"Sorry, Mei." Yuzu said, "we're gonna be late to lunch because I'm so slow."

"Don't apologize," Mei told the blonde as she took her hand, "we'll get over this in no time."

"Yeah you're right," Yuzu smiled at her lover. "Hopefully it's faster than my casts were."

That morning Ume had decided to take April to get some necessities and decided Yuzu and Mei would be more than capable of handling Yuzus' appointment. She also told her daughters that they'll all meet up for lunch to have an important talk.

Shou spent his morning getting in contact with Yuni and having all the necessary paper work sent over to them, the girl promising it'd be there within the week.

"I wonder what Mama wants to talk about," Yuzu said as she slowed down, unable to walk too fast.

"I'd assume it'd be regarding my-Our. Our sister." Mei said. The couple hadn't discussed it, having a new sister, and it was still hard for them to grasp.

"Yeah maybe...oh! That's Mama!" Yuzu said as she answered her phone. "Mama? What's up?........Uh huh........Yup!....Alright, see you soon. Love you."

"I guess they got more than expected and are gonna run home. Just gonna meet them there now."

On their way home, Yuzu had insisted they walked. She made the argument she had sat enough for the last two months, which had Mei conceding to her suggestion of taking the train. It took them longer than expected to arrive, making them arrive after their mother and sister.

"Hey Mama, we're home," Yuzu said as they entered an empty apartment, "Hello?" Confused, the girls looked for their family.

It was clear Ume and April had stopped by, given all the bags of clothes and school supplies. They had clearly shown up yet weren't anywhere in sight. Even Shou had vanished.

"Strange," Mei commented, usually whenever anyone one of them would arrive someone would greet them.

Once arriving at the kitchen, they noticed a note that Mei read. "They..want us to meet them at the apartment below ours?"

"They do? Like to meet a neighbor?" Yuzu asked in joined confusion.

"I...don't know. Regardless, it says to join them when we arrive. Shall we?" Mei asked as she led the way.