eins

"i told you, mom, i'm not going for a relationship! and me getting a female roommate is just a coincidence!"

jisung snapped at his mother, whose static-filled laugh was annoying him. apparently, she wanted him to get a girlfriend before he graduates college for who knows what reason, and his current situation just made it worse.

the college he was admitted to was really far away from where he lived, which was quite relieving for him as his mother would not be throwing tantrums on him anymore...at least in person.

the tantrums never end, and sometimes she spent hours talking to him about the same repetitive topics over and over again. now that he lived quite a bit far away, the tantrums grew very less, although it still lingers through their phone calls.

jisung could live with such a problem because it was something he could tolerate for the rest of his college life, but something had to just ruin that and make his problem chittaphon times worse.

apparently, he was not going to be alone in his dorms. worst of all, instead of getting a normal run-of-the-mill male roommate who cannot shut up about anime or sports, he got a female roommate instead.

that practically fueled his mom's desire to fulfil her wish.

the girl in question was a chinese student, and she was a year older than him, so that makes her his noona; he doesn't exactly know which honorific to use for an older female in chinese.

he had not talked to her before, meaning he just knew everything will turn awkward the moment he meets her. being a first year, he really doesn't know anyone around him, except for a bunch of his hyungs who were graduating soon.

even though he was stupid enough to not even care to ask her name, he did hear rumors about her being one of the prettiest sophomores ever, and that countless boys had tried to hit on her before— absolutely great news to his ears.

his fate almost sounded like a cliché bad boy-good girl romance, although the roles were exchanged, and awkward relations instead of romance. he was the suffering student who wanted to get the best of the best, while she was the popular bitch who barely cares for her studies.

he just hoped to survive freshman year at least, with good grades, and with some sort of reputation so that he wouldn't be a laughing stock for the whole campus.

not that he had a chance to graduate college without being teased at least once because he was 'lucky' enough to get a girl as his roommate, albeit a popular one.

his thoughts wandered to haphazard directions as he walked into his classroom, hoping to just be a shrinking violet and somehow graduate his classes, but everyone else in the class had different ideas.

the class grew silent, and whispers grew eerily after a few seconds, much to his dismay. some of them manifested funny looks at him, probably because they're the same simps who shamelessly tried to hit on his now-roommate.

"damn, this loser got that hottie before us, lucky him," some of them jeered, those words heard clear as day by him. he mentally facepalmed at them, ignoring their words for as much as he could.

he just hoped he had nothing to do with this certain girl as time passes by, studies are much more important. besides, a wise man once said, "is anything better than pussy? yes, a really good book," followed by a beautiful f# minor chord played in a synth.